• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay for a 72?

Alpha13

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have an opportunity to get a 4 door 72 dodge coronet. What are they worth? I'm looking at a fairly strait 72 dodge Coronet. Little bit of rust in the corners of the quarter panel. It doesn't look damaged at all and I believe the interior is all there. It is gold colored with bench seats and a slant six, automatic. It runs and drives. The guy wants $3800 dollars for it.

Screenshot_20231011-195303_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231011-195215_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231011-195229_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231011-195222_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231011-195245_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231011-195303_Facebook.jpg

In this day and age it is worth that all day long IMO. That being said most people selling ask a little higher as they expect "negotiations". Offer him $3000 if you don't think it will kill the deal.You may wind up somewhere in the middle.

It all depends on you. If you want and like the car, if it were me, I would start at $1,000 and work from there. These cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
After all its a 4 door leaning tower of power. Nothing special, but still cool.

there are almost no buyers for that ......... if you really like it, offer him 2K

Give him an extra $5er for the granny-seat booster!!! :lol:

Its a Basic model. It must be WL41 on VIN. No more than $1000-1200

Honestly, I would go for a WH43 model as minimun, and V8

except if you go for a FULL custom job.

It all depends on you.
Is it something you want to drive or flip ? If flipping it is not worth that much.Depending on the rust, if the glass front and rear area are clean and rust free,the quarters are a easy fix.If it were closer it would be mine. Can't get much for 3 grand anymore. Slant 6 B bodies are hard to come by.Don't mind owning a 4 door.
I have been looking for such a car and want a Slant 6.
Another thing is it is all there down to the wheel covers. Don't have to look for anything. Even the grille looks excellent.

It looks clean for sure. Not a real high value car though. Judging by the booster pillow, the car prob ran most it's miles local.
Sooo it's prob in need of tires no matter what the tread looks like they are most likely old.
There goes another 400 to 500.
You didn't say what the miles are but it looks like they are not real high.
With a clean oil & fuel supply that 6 will run forever.
Judging by the junk for sale on C list at that price range I would say $2800 offer.
That 72 is good transportation / work car good luck.

With a clean oil & fuel supply that 6 will run forever.
A slant six doesn't require clean oil.
Just something black that resembles oil and it will run.
I used to take the oil out of my Charger each fall and dump it into my 225 /6.
Transfer the oil filter and away it would go.

Hey guys, so I have an opportunity to get a 4 door 72 dodge coronet. What are they worth? I'm looking at a fairly strait 72 dodge Coronet. Little bit of rust in the corners of the quarter panel. It doesn't look damaged at all and I believe the interior is all there. It is gold colored with bench seats and a slant six, automatic. It runs and drives. The guy wants $3800 dollars for it.

View attachment 1538609

View attachment 1538610

View attachment 1538611

View attachment 1538612

View attachment 1538613

View attachment 1538614
Have you purchased this car yet? Imo, 3800 is way too much for it. I bought a 96 Dakota for 2500 a few years ago where the guy was asking 3500 and it wasn't selling. Probably could have got it a bit cheaper because he jumped on the offer. It was on CL and he never did lower the price but think there wasn't too many lookers being it was V6 powered. If it had been a 5.2, I probably would have handed over the 3500. The truck was pretty nice with really cold AC but it had old tires on it but showed even wear and the cruise didn't work. I hardly ever use cruise anyways. Also, that's fairly big car for a /6 imo. Had several /6 vehicles with one being a pickup and well, I'm not a fan of them.

Auto Transport Service
Back