• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatcha think of these different shoes?

Which ones do you like?

• Steelies

• Convo Pro

Results are only viewable after voting.

4mulas

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
What do you prefer? Day one Black or Day two Convo Pro? The whole car is a day two car for me but curious what others like here too. I know what I’m leaning towards

D522A05A-8C76-46BF-AB83-FB55BBE7B36B.jpeg
250BCC7D-0350-47CE-A980-D091CF0AD073.jpeg
33D971F5-4E84-4F14-B55C-02A70ECFD447.jpeg
CC21FEA8-E592-4E51-84F0-F0DDC786C35B.jpeg
03633D19-E8C6-4AB2-A05A-9A557588BC2E.jpeg

Steelies look fine, but I personally grow tired of the look after a while. I haven't ever really liked the Convu-Pro style wheels either, but that's just me. It's a great looking car so it would be difficult to go wrong with whatever you choose.

I like the simplicity of the steelies especially with hubcaps, however in some cases they don't work or match but I never liked those convo wheels, there are so many other choices out there like cragers, keystones, torque thrusts or even some of the more modern wheels. However, wheels (like so many other aspects) are a purely personal decision, you are the one who has to live with them and your choice should make you smile every time you look at them.

If you run steelies my personally prefer rear only. Your car your choice!

Whatever makes your flat bottom boat!

I've liked the Convo Pro since my friend put them on his Grand National. Nice to see Centerline Wheels is back in business...

I think a set of Keystone Klassics would look bitch'n on that car. Just my opinion of course. Wheel choice really changes the look of these cars, got to put on what you like.

I'm a wheel and tire junky. I go from body painted steelies (with or without dog dishes)to black steelies to Torque Thrust to Welds and then chrome steelies.
Or a combination. So I guess I'm of no help.

Steelies with dog dish hub caps is what i would do.

There’s a member who put some magnum 500s on and removed the center lines and it looked really good !!!

Convo pro wheels are very light, so free upgrade in performance and braking. They look great also, especially with black wall tires, just like you’ve got on there.

I’m not fond of black steel wheels. Body color steel wheels are OK.

Last edited:
I go both ways.I tend to change mine once or twice a year.

...and RWL tires if you go with Convo Pro
:D

Steelies.
Chryco gave it that look for a reason, all business.

Not a steelie fan. Back in the day we could hardly wait to save up and get rid of those things. Sometimes just buy 2 mags and wait for the next paycheque to buy the other 2 mags.

Had the bottle caps on the steelies with the black hood and hated that. They looked okay with the yellow stock hood

The convo pros are the original 25 year old ones and are in immaculate condition that I bought for $200 bucks!!!!!!!! I think they improve performance too.

6D98550F-90E0-49DD-962D-91113893D260.jpeg
9066A6A1-72D8-4003-8DCB-DB3961BB9EC4.jpeg

02C730C5-6963-46F2-9EC1-D16EF6FDB63C.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back