• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's At Your Walmart?

Ok, here's the story on the car. The owner is in his mid to late 80's. Back in the day he happened to be at the local Dodge dealer getting service work on his car. While walking around the dealership he happened to stroll outback of the service center. There, sitting in the lot were 5 wing cars, 4 440 sixpac cars and a Hemi. The cars were sent to the back lot because the dealer couldn't sell them. Well, being a rather wealthy business owner he bought all five, 4 birds and a Hemi Daytona.

He's held on to these cars over the years. At present he daily drives two birds, a w1 white car and the yellow car. These cars are original, engines have never been opened up and the last Time I looked at them they have all the original parts on the cars. One exception is the aircleaner. He doesn't run them.

I remember back in the day when he was the manager at the Montgomery Wards auto shop he would park the white bird out front. He always have two American flags affixed to the wing. Same holds true for the yellow car.

It's a common scene to see the yellow car driving around town, in two feet of snow on studded tires and chains.

Fortunately, a buddy of mine who owns a resto shop keeps the cars maintained. The story of the burn on the hood is kinda funny. Several years ago he had an engine fire while coming home from the grocery store. It was assertained that a fuel fitting on one of the sixpack cars came loose. Anyway, with a fire under the hood he didn't have a fire extinguisher so he used the only thing available. He poured a carton of milk which put out the fire.

Over the years there have been many who have tried to get him to sell the cars. People who happen to know where he lives are usually met at the door by the owner holding a 12 gauge shotgun.

What state are they in?

Only old mopar I have seen at my Walmart.

IMG_2670.JPG

Parking spaces are not as long as they use to be. Just try parking your 4 door magacab ram in a handicap area some day just long enough to see if it fits.
Watched a guy trying the park his big 4 door Cheby truck at the local Aldies not long ago. Took him 3 tries. Just not enough room between rows anymore to get it in with one try.
Most handicaps are on the end of rows were is he to put the butt end? In the drive.

Parking spaces are not as long as they use to be. Just try parking your 4 door magacab ram in a handicap area some day just long enough to see if it fits.
Watched a guy trying the park his big 4 door Cheby truck at the local Aldies not long ago. Took him 3 tries. Just not enough room between rows anymore to get it in with one try.
Most handicaps are on the end of rows were is he to put the butt end? In the drive.
I do it all the time in my Ram

Hell my 03 ram with the 8 ft bed and a single cab barley fits in these parking spots and got help the a holes car that leaves it to far in my way or to close ! Sometimes I help push them into the space better if there's no cameras

Auto Transport Service
Back