• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else buying Black Friday stuff?

SteveSS

Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
T got a 65" TV from Walmart today. I'm a sucker for BF sales. I used to do the 5:00 am stuff. Our local Walmart never had the insane crowds.

Thinking about taking the hit on two sets of upholstery at legendary while they're on sale. Ouch! The more i wait on parts i'm going to need, the more they go up.

Most box store items are designed specifically for the BF sales, and are not available at any other time and will never be made again. They are made to the price point target, or well below, depending on the box store and what 5 months of polls and studies have told them to do.
In general, the items made for BF sales are manufactured in China. Very little of it is a value, in that it is a necessity of life, or in that it is actually a quality item discounted an extreme amount. It is aimed at the season of shopping because shopping.
For those reasons, I have long viewed black friday as the single largest export of American citizen's US dollars to China of the entire year.
The events that happened in the past, people's behaviors toward their fellow man- over the most useless junk they don't need makes my stomach turn. Imagine those people that were trampled because they had to be the first person in the store to buy a purpose built minimally viable product available that day, and the people behind them so crazed over the same minimally viable product they were willing to walk on their neighbors to get it.

No thanks.

On the rare occasion something actually normal is on sale at a discount, I may make an effort. This historically has NEVER been at a national chain store/box store and has been exclusivly something advertised in the local shoppers/coupon paper or at a store front sign on main street. The paper with all the ads for the day was routinely passed around on Thursday as something for the extended family to all laugh and chat about. So at least it served a purpose there.

I think I will order some door panels fro the Satellite. I do not plan on doing any shopping on Friday.

I talked to my son this morning. He got to some sporting goods store at 6:00 am and got a deal on a scope for his AR and a 10/22 rifle for $200. I don't know how much the scope was.

Ps5 (don't think they make them in Merica...)
New washer and dryer (again, where are they all made and the top ~10 in CR are all LG)
Laptop for my daughter (america brand but...)

I been trying to buy some stuff online at Cabelas. The website keeps crashing.

Black Friday boot sale $66 off and free shipping. When you need 15's it rare to get them under $200.
Men's Boondock 8" Waterproof Work Boot
Style: TB01113A210 Size: 15 Color: Brown
Quantity: 1 Price: $154.00 $220
1700926139993.png
Quantity: 1 Price: $154.00 $220

Bought a gunsafe. However, it's not for firearms...personal belongings, keepsakes, paperwork and such.

Auto Transport Service
Back