• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

can anyone tell me how big a project it is to replace the clock with a tic toc tach in a 70 Roadrunner? i bought an OER tach to keep the stock look and dont like the look of an aftermarket tach mounted on the steering column. does the steering column have to be dropped ? Hoping its not to crazy
IF you have to drop the steering column -it is one of the easier tasks to get under the dash

hood, trunk, some stuff.....

20181227_215107.jpg

20181227_214927.jpg

20181227_215250.jpg

20181227_215115.jpg

20181227_215146.jpg

20181227_215009.jpg

Last edited:
Eldubb, your dog is getting impatient! He wants that rush of air going by his face so he can snork the air with his gums flapping making him look possessed!

My 67 hdtop Gtx is moving along quiet well all brakes , steering is fresh , Pyles Brother’s out of Houston rebuilt rear differential and the a833 was a real jewel of a find refreshed by a real craftsman now departed , 440 with it 915 heads will be completed soon and in ,comp cams and lots of goodies plus frame stiffeners will make for a fun drive ,everything is being touched with a lot of help from my friend,in Florida (Jim Drain , Mr NOS)thanks

My 67 hdtop Gtx is moving along quiet well all brakes , steering is fresh , Pyles Brother’s out of Houston rebuilt rear differential and the a833 was a real jewel of a find refreshed by a real craftsman now departed , 440 with it 915 heads will be completed soon and in ,comp cams and lots of goodies plus frame stiffeners will make for a fun drive ,everything is being touched with a lot of help from my friend,in Florida (Jim Drain , Mr NOS)thanks
Sounds like you are making a lot of progress, keep up the good work!!!

My current project is a 39 Ford truck cab that will be used as a photo booth, for the cab section, at a soon to open farm to table restaurant in the area. We'll make a bench seat for it, dummy up the steering column so it spins for the kids plus a lot of other cool stuff. The truck will be a bright yellow of some sort still to be determined. I've been doing a ton of repairs on this thing. Its had a very tough life. My boss already got the 30's John Deere done for them. Since its pink per the restaurant owners request, its now a Jane Deere! The tractor is already inside the building and will get joined by the truck when we are done with it. The soon to be fabled flatbed will double as a dining table.

IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0962.JPG IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1059.JPG IMG_1068.JPG IMG_0949.JPG

I'm off the 39 Ford for now and back on a 50 Chevy 3100. Have been putting the HVAC together, instrument cluster mock up, rear bumper changes, figuring out a trailer hitch, get steering hooked up etc etc. Its on a TCI chassis w LS motor, 4l60e, 4 link, 4 wheel disc plus lots more. Tons of stuff to do on this one. Need to get stuff made and fitted up then take it down to bare frame and send components out for powder coat, paint etc. This coming week the shop is moving to a better location with more room. The boss has more people lining up to get stuff done so this will help in that endeavor. I'm having a great time working here on this type of work as I'm a gearhead through and through. Maybe someday there will be a real project coming through, aka MOPAR! LOL! Soon I'll be able to get cracking on my 65 since we are in the preliminary stages of garage design for here at home. I'll toss in one to look at. There is already a garage and deck on the house, the new stuff will be on the rh side. Can't wait!

56391328067__C05CDE55-0602-4D3B-B250-94C14E5DFB5F.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPG IMG_1119.JPG IMG_1105.JPG

Still plucking away on a 73 Duster BB build. Got the 470 at the Dyno shop should go on sometime this week. The 68 Runner needs a pinion seal and will get a cam swap later this winter/ spring.

My first Mope was a Petty blue 73 Duster, 340, 3 on the floor, p/s, p/b, radio, heater, bench seat, rubber floor mat. Cool car, I like the color of yours!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcqefbefh9kuais/Video Feb 11, 14 37 33.mp4?dl=0

Firstly it’s carb cleaner not starting fluid I’m spraying in the carb to get it to fire.

This is a link to the video of what I’m dealing with right now. This 73 Charger was put away at least 10 years ago maybe 13 in the same state I have it right now. I know it has a vacuum cap missing on the metering block. I just put the FBO ignition on it today hoping that it would just fire up but all I get is the stuttering. I think I’m gonna pull the distributor cap and check the gap. The fuel pump is currently not running as I pulled the fuel line off it to ensure I don’t get any garbage in it. Any other ideas what I should look for?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcqefbefh9kuais/Video Feb 11, 14 37 33.mp4?dl=0

Firstly it’s carb cleaner not starting fluid I’m spraying in the carb to get it to fire.

This is a link to the video of what I’m dealing with right now. This 73 Charger was put away at least 10 years ago maybe 13 in the same state I have it right now. I know it has a vacuum cap missing on the metering block. I just put the FBO ignition on it today hoping that it would just fire up but all I get is the stuttering. I think I’m gonna pull the distributor cap and check the gap. The fuel pump is currently not running as I pulled the fuel line off it to ensure I don’t get any garbage in it. Any other ideas what I should look for?
First thought --firing order and be sure your order is right for the rotation of rotor. Big block Mopar is counter clockwise........MO

Worked on my Mini Mopar today (2005 Sebring). Inspection station told me last year that my rear upper ball joints had play and needed replaced. He knows I do my own work so he passed it. Well I procrastinated for a year and got to it today.
20190310_123451.jpg

I thought I was going to break the press. I had a strong bar and a piece of pipe on that. Three times it broke loose with a bam before it finally came out.
20190310_131116.jpg

20190310_140013.jpg

Two hours per side. I'm getting too old for this ****!
20190310_153246.jpg

I have been cheating recently....got myself another project :D
Yep, just shooting myself in the other foot with more work hehe.
Anyway, an old famous Golf GTI G60. 1.8 4cyl. with the unique supercharger called G-lader. (160 HP)
They are getting rare, plan is to save the car from rust and bring back to an original state.
Engine is healthy, but these superchargers require a full overhaul around every 40.000 km which will be first job to make sure it does not blow up on me.
Other jobs will be rebuild all suspension and brakes, kill all the electrical gremlins and the final is that the car will need a full respray (same colour).

Sourcing parts for this makes me laugh though, when you are used to the prices for these Mopars this stuff is cheap!

c6de6a7d-550a-4f90-83d0-51b384a3e62f.jpg

Getting ready to take a healthy dump on FBBO.

Auto Transport Service
Back