• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth? 1966 Coronet 500 Convertible

oldsklHaro

Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents…….I haven’t posted in quite some time and I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this or if asking “What its’ worth” is in poor taste but I have had a change in family circumstances and may need to sell my baby. I had never planned to see her so I am not up on current market values. It’s all stock in the way that nothing has been altered physically to the car. Nothing cut, chopped or removed. I let the torsion bars down all the way in the front and put in 3” lowering blocks in the back to give it its current stance.

It has brand new floor pans from the front fire wall all the way back to the rear seat hump. They were toast when I purchased it about 6 years ago because it had sat outside for a while with a tattered original convertible top. Has a brand new top with zip out plastic window and new interior pieces including seat coverings, carpet and seat belts. Top operates like it should and goes up and down without any issues.

18" wheels in front and 20" in the back.

Motor is not numbers matching and is a 383 that the previous owner built pretty heavily. It starts with out issue and does not smoke. It has a large cam and may have been punched out but I cannot confirm as I did not build it. It sounds healthy with a low lumpy rumble. Complete 3” stainless Borla exhaust from the manifolds back to tail pipes. Exhaust manifolds are old school Chrysler Performance high flow. New Edelbrock 750cfm carb on top of an old school high rise Chrysler aluminum manifold and new Chrysler distributor.

I’m looking for a fair price to sell her at. I am located in southeast Iowa. Not looking to retire off it but don’t want to leave a ton of money on the table as well. I will answer any and all questions and can send additional pics as well. Your honesty and candor would be very much appreciated.

Thank you, Mike

IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0371.JPG D3949C53-8DA0-4C87-A03E-A5B016A997D2.JPG C843ABD9-2F36-47B0-B090-3C95DEDB30EF.JPG C14B39C6-8468-4AF5-B437-C61D9AFEF98D.JPG BADF21E0-5854-4F06-B6FE-F52DCD9BA693.JPG 74AC6DBC-2C1C-4D5E-9EC4-80B51D43EF46.JPG 4DA8523A-0E99-424E-B3D0-A9A5354D8632.JPG _325EF4CA-A442-488F-AD22-40049FD85281.JPG

1966 Dodge Coronet 500 Convertible "OLD CAR PRICE GUIDE"
May/June 2016

CONDITION:
1: $26K (Concours/not driven)
2. $18.2K (What you and I would think is a number 1 car)
3. $11.7K (A great car seen at a car show)
4. $5.2K
5. $3.1K (Very poor condition/for parts)
6. $$1K (Basket Case/for parts)

PS: Those wheels have to go!

Thanks for responding super-bee_ski and the guide, I appreciate it.....

I'm open to educated opinions as well......anyone been to Mopar Nationals or any of the big swap meets lately that may know what my car may bring?

The car looks great in stance. What other rust[major repair work] is there?

No clue on price. But it's a great looking car. Like the patina look. I'm sure it worth more then#4 real close to #3 my guess would be start around 14 and settle at no less then 10. By those pics anyway

The car looks great in stance. What other rust[major repair work] is there?
Thank you for the complement.......only real issues as far as body work are around the rear wheel wells and bottom edge of the trunk lid. I had every intentions of painting it one day and was going to replace about 4" around each rear well and patch the trunk lid with small pieces of sheet metal. Other than that the car/sheet metal is solid. It does have a couple small bumbs here and there but nothing major. All body lines are straight which is a huge plus when smoothing out a long car like this.

Last edited:
No clue on price. But it's a great looking car. Like the patina look. I'm sure it worth more then#4 real close to #3 my guess would be start around 14 and settle at no less then 10. By those pics anyway
At this point that's exactly what I was thinking myself

I love the patina as well, that's why I have not been in a hurry to paint it. My dad has a super nice '67 GTO convertible and when we park next to each other at GoodGuys or local cruise nights EVERYONE stops and looks at my car and want's to know who owns it but passes by his....lol I don't know if it's the rarity of a '66 Coronet Ragtop or the patina or a combination of both but it gets a ton of attention!

Last edited:
X2 no less than 10

Auto Transport Service
Back