• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth

partmopar

Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
I have been looking to buy a 63 post car again and was wondering what do you guys think they are worth.

I have found a Complete 63 Plymouth savoy,interior, dash, glass all there. Clean car but like all of them needs redone but a good clean car.

I Had a 63 for years I sold it and have been looking for another one after realizing how much i missed it but times have changed and so have the prices it seems.

Thanks for your input.

Got pics?? Start low and go from there, but kinda hard to give. Ballpark figure of its current value without seeing it, also what options does it have, ie, v8, auto, stick, bench, buckets, and so on.

I am going to do another NSS car so all the extras are not important. The savoy was mostly the stripped down model. It is just a regular car that needs it all. I used to buy these from 850 to 1500 dollars but it seems they are bringing 3-4-5 thousand now. I was just wondering if they actually are bringing that money or not. I have seen some 63-65 post cars for sale for 9 or 10 thousand that need everything. Not trying to buy and sell but to build one more. I have spare motors trans and rears.
There are some cars out there that run and are all original and they may run but I would use nothing in it. I would paint most any one I bought anyway. I guess my question would be is a good clean 63 post car be worth 3 or 4 thousand.
Thanks for the reply

In that case, offer what you think is fair. I would say 2500 would be my top offer.

location location location...do some comparables on the net for items of like condition...weigh in his asking....bounce that against your fixed price index on a hopefully adjusted sliding scale since you last owned one..(the CL/E-bay comparison shopping does this)...make an offer and go from there..there is a huge difference at times in the asking and the selling price...just don't slam the car in front of the man..this will shut him down...ask instead if he knows of cost or location of other cars to help you find what you need to address items of interest..odds are he knows the cost and why the project is available for sale...man just may be in over his head and others may have the (either I go or the car does) situation..luck to you finding your project...

I have a 63 Dodge Polara I MAY be selling.
It is a California Black Plate car. New "Black Plates"
Never any rust.
Very straight body.
Non "Post" car.
It has a "Tyn Man" steel dual hood scoop, and the hood is cut out per original factory template (copy)
It is currently in primer, Auto Body shop went out of business.
All pics documenting body.
Comes with an original Max Wedge rear end.
Also included (If you need) a Dale Reed "Built/Balanced" 440 set up with the A&A Cross Ram.
1965 727 Pushbutton, the only good year for that push-button, from Bob Mazolinni Racing, Riverside CA.
(Dale Reed builds ALL of Bob Moshers engines, if you need to research Bob Mosher OR Dale Reed, I encourage you to do so)
PS: Engine has well over 550 HP / 520 Lb Ft Torque and yes, its documented from Mr. Dale Reed.

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 233
  • P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 247
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 245
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 229
Thanks for the offer but I am just a post car guy.
Plus I have a motor,trans,and converter already.

No worries...
I'll keep my eyes open out here in the Mojave desert. (So Calif)
Post car..Post car...Post car...

I "got it"

63 Plymouth post car

I have a 63 Plymouth Savoy, 2 dr post. some rust in floor board, was replacing rear passenger floor board. Have the new floor board in position not welded in place. Its a big block/auto with front sway bar, disk brakes on front.

Attachments

• 63 plymouth side view driver side.jpg
    63 plymouth side view driver side.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 218
I paid $5250 for a 63 330, 11 years ago. Original /6-3 speed OH. car. The body is solid as a rock,no rust holes,minor surface rust underneath, nothing needs cut out and replaced.All chrome& trim is excellent, interior is very nice. Someday it might get new paint but not right now.
I was going to nostalgia racing but my health stopped that and now I just cruise it. Remember, you might find one on the cheap, but every piece of trim or that door panel is going to raise the price and when it's all together you're not really saving anything.

- - - Updated - - -

this is mine

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 203
How much for the post car plymouth63

I ran a 63 Dodge 330 in the early 80's and it was one fabulous car. I think you got one great deal on yours.

Lonnie, Sending you a few links tomorrow nite.
Theres a beautiful 63 Post car on another site, But I think you want to build one.
Post cars are hard to find any more on the cheap, ( Cheap being 3 to 5k rolling, No rust etc..)

Auto Transport Service
Back