• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's The Attraction???

cr8crshr

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
This morning when I poured my 1st cup of Joe, and then fired up the computer to check the weather, and read my preferred news feeds...not the LSM at all...my home page in my browser, had 99% headline feeds and posts about last night's Grammys!!! Just who's who, who's hot, who's not, the rapper gets busted, scantly clad over made-up supposed stars, you name it and it was a headline!!! Back in my younger days, when the music was just that...MUSIC!!!...I was interested because I had some very close friends in the industry. One, Ed Churney, a recording engineer and soundboard engine with the band I was associated with, won a Grammy for his engineering of Bonnie Rait's album at that time. He worked for the likes of Jackson Brown, and many others, so I held a close interest in them. But today's awards are for nothing but "CRAP" music and tribal chants. Plus the performing acts all seem to have nothing but **** actions, twerking, and just plain lousy lyrics. Now my question is, why is there so much storied interest in a venue that is nothing like it once was? Plastered everywhere, and continual T Swift nonsense, there and on football NFI broadcasts, when their relevancy is not at all worth the attention. Yet they constantly promote it. Getting rather old and quite frankly, boring. I know I am showing my age on this yet the inundated media pressings and showcasing is just way too much...IMHO. I guess I should just stop reading the news at all as there isn't any these days...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Apparently America wants sensationalism...in every aspect of it's life.

The first time I saw a national enquirer at the checkout counter (about age 9), I thought to myself- "who reads/believes that?"

Apparently now everyone does.

I was intrigued by National Geographic and Playboy at some point in my life

This morning when I poured my 1st cup of Joe, and then fired up the computer to check the weather, and read my preferred news feeds...not the LSM at all...my home page in my browser, had 99% headline feeds and posts about last night's Grammys!!! Just who's who, who's hot, who's not, the rapper gets busted, scantly clad over made-up supposed stars, you name it and it was a headline!!! Back in my younger days, when the music was just that...MUSIC!!!...I was interested because I had some very close friends in the industry. One, Ed Churney, a recording engineer and soundboard engine with the band I was associated with, won a Grammy for his engineering of Bonnie Rait's album at that time. He worked for the likes of Jackson Brown, and many others, so I held a close interest in them. But today's awards are for nothing but "CRAP" music and tribal chants. Plus the performing acts all seem to have nothing but **** actions, twerking, and just plain lousy lyrics. Now my question is, why is there so much storied interest in a venue that is nothing like it once was? Plastered everywhere, and continual T Swift nonsense, there and on football NFI broadcasts, when their relevancy is not at all worth the attention. Yet they constantly promote it. Getting rather old and quite frankly, boring. I know I am showing my age on this yet the inundated media pressings and showcasing is just way too much...IMHO. I guess I should just stop reading the news at all as there isn't any these days...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
Slow news day!
:lol:

You are being force-fed more BS from the leftist media. They want you all to fall in love with them and buy their product.

I don't get excited about any of that rubbish anymore.....except I do like watching re-runs of the speeches from Ricky Gervais when he hosted a few of those ceremonial participation award shows.

I’ve never watched a celebrity awards show in my life. Full of fake people, who full of themselves. I love music your will most likely never hear on the FM radio unless your on classic rock or country WESTERN not the new pop country. And as far as actors, has Robert Duvall ever made a bad movie? And I sure do think Jennifer Aniston is easy to watch.

Don't think I've ever watched any "awards" show, even back in the day. A bunch of people, self- agrrandizing themselves. {yawn}

You are being force-fed more BS from the leftist media. They want you all to fall in love with them and buy their product.

I don't get excited about any of that rubbish anymore.....except I do like watching re-runs of the speeches from Ricky Gervais when he hosted a few of those ceremonial participation award shows.

who the bloody is he? :lol:

It was actually a pretty good show. Nothing else on so Wife had it on behind me. Very few award presentations and much more singing than usual. Tracey Chapman... first time on stage in 35 years. Joni Mitchell, 80 years old with a tear jerker performance and Billy Joel with his first new song in 28 years closing up the show. Swift not bothering to acknowledge Celine while presenting her award... rude, but I can't stand either.

Disposable pablum, the lot of it. Lowest common denominator "entertainment".

it’s garbage . they want you to think it’s big deal , it’s not . i’m done w holly wierd . music industry is not what it used to be . sensationalism all they got …

It was actually a pretty good show. Nothing else on so Wife had it on behind me. Very few award presentations and much more singing than usual. Tracey Chapman... first time on stage in 35 years. Joni Mitchell, 80 years old with a tear jerker performance and Billy Joel with his first new song in 28 years closing up the show. Swift not bothering to acknowledge Celine while presenting her award... rude, but I can't stand either.

Tracy Chapman, Joni Mitchell and Billy Joel were all dragged in to spark life into the show. Was Joni Mitchell actually alive or was Disney animatronics added to her corpse?

Took Joni a bit to get going. It was nice to witness and very sad at the same time. 74 year old Billy seemed to be having a pretty good time.

For the life of me, I don’t understand how Joni Mitchell ever became famous. The only song of hers that I can listen to is Big Yellow Taxi. Everything else she has ever done is pure garbuso to me.

For the life of me, I don’t understand how Joni Mitchell ever became famous. The only song of hers that I can listen to is Big Yellow Taxi. Everything else she has ever done is pure garbuso to me.
1707184685747.png
On my list of "cover my ears so they won't explode" is her, Janis Joplin, and Melanie.

Auto Transport Service
Back