• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the difference between Carter 4741 and 4741S carby

monroegtx

Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Recently I saw a Carter 4741 AVS on ebay. I was wondering what the difference is between this and an S model. I can't seem to find any reference on the net to this model carb without the S. Was it just a typo or are they two separate carby's?

If memory serves me, I believe the 4741 is for an air conditioned car and the 4741s is for cars without air.

I believe it was probably a typo. I only know of the 4741S from looking through some service manuals. That is not to say Carter didn't make one, just not one that I know of.

My service manual says that the 4741S is used on CAS 440 cars with A/C, but it doesn't say anything about a non S model. All the Carters in the book seem to have S at the end of the model number. That's why I was curious about the possibility of it being a typo or whether there actually is non S model. I thought I read somewhere about the S being added to the updated models, but I can't find that info anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back