• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel vintiques dog dish

jz61

Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
has anybody else have problems with the series '63' wheel and the 2050 dog dish nut covers? they seem real flimsy,thumb pressure is all that's needed to bend and distort them. plus the don't want to stay on wheel, pop right off, like the 3 bumps are slighty to big or the nut cover is slightly too small. also seems bump on wheel should have a groove cut in them to grip cover. orf am I missing something here? any help would be appreciated

I have a set of those and managed to dent one by just trying to attach it to the wheel. Very thin stuff. I also seem to have an issue with at least one that keeps falling off, so I'll probably secure the dog dishes with Plasti-Dip liquid tape or similar.

I have a set of those and managed to dent one by just trying to attach it to the wheel. Very thin stuff. I also seem to have an issue with at least one that keeps falling off, so I'll probably secure the dog dishes with Plasti-Dip liquid tape or similar.

well after a few calls to wheel vintques and examining a set of real and original steel wheels in noticed the groove in the wheel vintique wheel was almost completely missing! the powder coat is too thick in that area. so with a wire brush on my drill and a triange shaped file I was able too remove th powder coat in that area and make a groove to hold the nut covers on securely. but then I had to paint the wheels where I removed the powder coat because it was down to bare meatal and will start to rust. one note the 2 wheels im running on the front are the real originals wheels the lip or groove under the 3bumps that hold the nut covers are VERY pronounced, the nut covers are NOT coming off those wheels n I think wheel vintiques should make a adjustment since they make the whells and sell the nut covers

Auto Transport Service
Back