• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Is Your Last Day To Mow Before Winter?

My grass has already stopped growing. I cut it two weeks ago and it has not gotten any taller yet. If it grows i'll cut it again but it's done for this year.

It's all about how you want the lawn to look. I take care of the leaves in the spring and yes it puts some brown/dead spots in the lawn, but then that does not bother me. Something will grow after after a few good warm days. I don't treat my lawn with anything and it's really just a bunch of good looking weeds. I mulch everytime I cut the lawn all summer. With that said, after time it probably puts a thick layer of dead stuff on top and if I wanted more then green weeds growing I would have to aerated the lawn. For me I am ok with green weeds. This pic is of my back yard from last summer, no treatments, mulch everything laying on the ground into the ground.
View attachment 535124

Your yard looks just like mine. I also don't care what comes up green. My mower does not discriminate.

IMG_0355 (Large).JPG

I don't know, leaves are still on the trees and I just got done cutting the grass . . .

Could have mowed yesterday but with 6 inch snow for today it will stay white for now
Had to get the snow shovels out
and like the radio said this morning it is carmageddon with bumper cars out smashing into each other

My grass has been done growing for sometime now. Early September maybe. However, I'm surrounded by maple and oak trees. That means leaves and plenty of em! I use the mower to mulch the crap out of them and come spring, they're gone! So, I'll be on the mover until snow flies and covers them up!

I used to spend a lot of time on leaf removal in the fall until I read about the benefits of leaving them and mulching them. So the last few years I've been just mulching them up in the fall. I mowed last week and don't really need to mow again, but I'll mow one last time after the last tree left with leaves finishes dropping them.

1991. Allentown. No grass to cut here. Don't miss it. Spent enough time on a mower to last the rest of my life.

Yesterday - maybe.
20171103_085119_001.jpg

Unlike some I enjoy mowing, its a form of near brainless down time.
3 hrs of solitude, and I like a nice lawn.

The last time my landscaper cuts it, that's when. :D

I hate lawn work. Did it as a kid at my parents house (plowing too), but I dont it no mo'.

I would rather do productive activities with my time. Like say, drinking. lol

Unlike some I enjoy mowing, its a form of near brainless down time.
3 hrs of solitude, and I like a nice lawn.

I could not agree more. With all the crap that I have to deal with during the course of the work week, when I get out there on the mower, I'm happy. It's mindless work that is satisfying to me.

SameTerrificBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

I could not agree more. With all the crap that I have to deal with during the course of the work week, when I get out there on the mower, I'm happy. It's mindless work that is satisfying to me.

View attachment 535298

Wait for it.......
Wait for it.......
Nothing beats riding a snapper!
Knew it was coming didn't ya

Think I may contract it out next year
20171103_151037.png

Might get expensive though.:lol:

I was planning to mow the grass this weekend, but woke up to snow this morning.

This just in,
Apple thief approaching
20171103_153811.jpg
20171103_153945.jpg

First pic through screen, sorry:(
Venison anyone?

6B45B807-E93B-4A3E-87EA-AA098D4163BD.jpeg
Probaly one more cut for the back yard, see how this Indiana weather acts. A lot of leaves yet to fall

Seems to be the consensus, leaves still holding on, grass still growing. That's what I'm dealing with.

I remember dear hunting with short sleeves, temps in the seventies, weekend after Thanksgiving. Early eighties.

Auto Transport Service
Back