• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Is Your Last Day To Mow Before Winter?

Middle of November and I mowed yesterday. I liked to froze my butt off! Dressed for snow removal not for mowing. You can't winterize your mower when it keeps growing.

My maple tree is still green.
20171116_153100.jpg

Greer, SC. Mowed yesterday. 70 degrees today. Probably one more mowing.

Mowed Tuesday, still going to do the backyard one more time. North west Indiana.

I'll be pulling the mower out this weekend to mulch up the leaves that are falling from the trees - yeah - very odd Fall as most of the leaves are still on the trees down here. Starting to see some color in the trees, while others have changed colors and dropped all the leaves . . .

Who knows . . .

The correct answer,for me at least, is when the boss says so! Last Fri.;so I pulled the battery out of tractor and then she “thought” about doing it today(?) Didn’t happen, waiting for more leaves to come down. She doesn’t like the way the tractor mows anyway; how do you spell ‘perfectionist’???

Our lawn stopped growing a couple weeks ago. A couple heavy frosts always do it. However, I use the mower to grind up all my leaves.

I was going to last week end. Rain, mist and fog. No sun shine for 10 days.
I don't worry about leaves they will be gone by spring.
Mower deck will be coming off, oil change and get ready for snow.

I got my last cut in on Tuesday. Heavy frost has ended the growing season and almost all of the leaves are down. Got the snowblower out. I'd be tickled if I never have to fire it up this winter, but that's about as likely as waking up 20 years younger.

December 20th
:lol:

Are you kidding? Here in NW Ohio, with global warming and all I'll be cutting grass new years day! (sarcasm)

The correct answer,for me at least, is when the boss says so! Last Fri.;so I pulled the battery out of tractor and then she “thought” about doing it today(?) Didn’t happen, waiting for more leaves to come down. She doesn’t like the way the tractor mows anyway; how do you spell ‘perfectionist’???
See?? Did it this afternoon, battery taken out for 2nd time!!

Yesterday. Was mostly to pick up the last of the leaves tho.

Auto Transport Service
Back