• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you want a 440, you have to work for it

My question is....how do you get rid of the motor home, after you yank the 440 out of it?

We used a back hoe and dump truck for everything from the frame up.
Used the frame and drive train for our COE project

Remember, they don't make 'em anymore.
Well...sort of...Bill Mitchell Products
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg

...and I believe from what I've read the Callies iron blocks are available now??
NO WHERE CLOSE in price though, and those used "Motor Home" engines are just DAMN SWEET DEALS!

Cherry picker question::; I have a new harbor freight 1 ton cherry picker. The middle wheels immediately turn sideways , making this engine super hard to move on concrete, what can I do? Is it a balance issue?

Well...sort of...Bill Mitchell Products
View attachment 1092348 View attachment 1092349
...and I believe from what I've read the Callies iron blocks are available now??
NO WHERE CLOSE in price though, and those used "Motor Home" engines are just DAMN SWEET DEALS!
Yes, pretty sure I couldn't afford this.... Once I find a good 66-67 charger project, and a cheaper long ram intake, this is getting freshened up and ran

Yes, pretty sure I couldn't afford this.... Once I find a good 66-67 charger project, and a cheaper long ram intake, this is getting freshened up and ran
All good!! The "RV 440s" are a great bargain. I convinced myself that the BMP block was worth it, but I'll spare you the thought process.
Have FUN!

Great effort on the 440 save!!

On my engine crane, which is a fold up type, the middle casters are slightly smaller in diameter than the end ones.
So, once you fold down the legs and install the lock pins, the middle casters no longer touch the ground.

Great effort on the 440 save!!

On my engine crane, which is a fold up type, the middle casters are slightly smaller in diameter than the end ones.
So, once you fold down the legs and install the lock pins, the middle casters no longer touch the ground.
Yeah, mines the same way, however the middle ones seem to carry the weight. Maybe I bent it pulling w the minivan, but I didn't think I did

If the middle ones are touching the ground, you could try putting some spacers between the end casters and the legs to raise it up a little.
On mine, the middle ones don’t touch on flat level ground, but they’re close.

Been there done that back in the 80s,took 2 trips to get out first trip was with a torch set to cut all the frame work out of the way second trip with eng.crane & tools,that eng.ended up going into a 74 Jensen I had.

Auto Transport Service
Back