• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do we stand with Moparts?

We have continued to ship all over the world from Canada to Germany to Australia and even Japan. We sell through our website and ebay store. But I have seen some kick back in recent months on the cost of shipping as its has been on the rise. I know from personal stand point many of our Canadian customs prefer shipping USPS as the duty and taxes are higher from Fedex and UPS.

James From
PST
Absolutely correct in my experience. E bay global shipping, tacks on a hefty fee. Years many years ago, got a shipment from Year One. Can’t remember who shipped, UPS I think could have been FedEx. SHOCKED on the fees. I checked prices with National Moparts. Would have been less expensive to buy from them. Once bitten twice shy.

Our Customs Agents periodically look around eBay for pricing if they get suspicious about an item's worth when inspecting. I have never asked anyone to falsify the true value to a ridiculous amount. It has to be bona fide pricing.

Another thing I will not do is haggle the asking price with a seller. It is what it is....and if I don't like the price....I don't get involved. If the item is what I want, I'll pay what the guy is asking. I learnt that lesson a long time ago.

Something else that many do not consider.....because the shipping process can take up to 3 months from USA to down these parts....a Warranty can expire, and a PayPal transaction can expire as far as refunds go. I found that out when I purchased a Holley electric fuel pump a few years ago for my truck. The Holley pump was junk, but by the time it arrived, Summit Racing informed me that their 90-day Refund Policy had expired. So I was stuck with a $300+ piece of junk.

I am very wary of buying retail from Summit Racing now.
Holley didn’t warranty that pump for you?

The built in protection you have for EBay is to list the part and then at the end specify that it is damaged and for parts only. I haven't sold on there for a while so it may have changed.

Many thanx for the replies Guys.

Its been a crazy few weeks here with three storms in a week and the threat of Global war!

The bulk of my Ebay purchases for 15 years+ has been by Ebay USA.
I have done many trips to the USA to buy stuff personally, but this adds thousands to my purchases DOH...

So before we all get 'nuked' please just add 'EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING' to your Ebay advert.
I have spend many hours 'begging folks' to send me parts...
Its got so bad that I have stopped buying parts!
They are what I want and listed for sale, but not to overseas...

Its got so bad that I have decided to sell my 69 dodge Charger 500 restoration project.
After nearly twenty years of ownership, I just got burned out, so sad...

1464016639-charger5002.jpg

Last edited:
The turning point was the fender saga!
After seven trips to Cali and Nevada 04-10, I couldn't find a decent one...
I was going to get a repro AMD and then decided to buy one form a Cali Moparts dealer.
$1200 was his price and I just freaked out.
But he relented and let me have it for $600 the same as the AMD.
This was 12 years ago and I'm still in shock.

$400 to ship back to the UK and tax/duty on top. (£1000 all in)

My wife hits me every day with a wet kipper, so sad for both of us...

Last edited:
Just in case you was wondering?

I sold the 1969-Charger 500 for £30,000 ($42,000).
Rust free 4-speed dana car with numbers matching 440ci. (one of 25)

Yep I kept the fender, it has more sentimental attachment to me, than the Charger lol...

ps I found a correct colour green fender at a UK swap-meet the following year (2012) for £250, go figure...

Last edited:
I have done worse things...

I once sold a rust free 69 Coronet sixpack Superbee for £2500...

These prices will return one day (maybe) as 102 octane gas is now £11 a gallon here in the UK!

Won't be driving Mopars anymore just polishing them and telling tall stories of the 1980's when 'good gas' was cheap DOH...

Sure is a beautiful car! Years ago I sold a ready to paint, rust free 1964 Canadian Polara convertible to a fellow. I knew I wouldn’t get to it for a long time. They had one in 1968 when they got married. They had the car painted and nicely done.
Saw the car at a show, beautifully done. He said if we wanted to use it for a day or so, it was ours. Eventually he trade it off. Next owner whom I knew offered the same thing. Just haven’t done it.
Would your buyer let you take a little ride?

OOPS I forgot to say why the fender was $1200?

It was off a Fast and Furious 5 car which should be a 70 but is in fact a 69...
But the Studio's could not find any 70 cars for the F&F-5 film so used a 69 car instead.
If Vin Diesel finds out its not a 70 car, he will be FURIOS!

So I suppose you would 'double the price' for a film star car, even if its not actually been in the film (I think)...

Furious VIN.jpg

Notice the badly fitting fenders?
Yep its because they is plastic and I have one of the originals off this 69 car DOH...

Last edited:
Good question 440-4 speed dude!

I would rather not 'ever' see the Charger 500 again!
Once they is gone, they is gone forever...

My next plan is to win the lotto and buy a hemi Roadrunner!
Or GTX, whatever my million dollars will get me lol...

Its better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all...

I think you may have missed the point?

When UK folks are buying parts from Ebay.com, this requires the sellers to sell OVERSEAS!

We can't do detailed restoration, without parts for our cars...

All we can do is strip them, paint them, and then replace all the worn out 50 years old parts.
Without new parts its still the same car with 'new' paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back