• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy a A833 supplier recommendations ?

German_Mopar

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am Planning to swap my 66 belvedere 383 with thw 727 to a A833 this Winter.

I have a quote from Brewer, but there lead time is 9 Months for the transmission....to long of a wait for me.

Can you recommend me some other (trustable)suppliers?
Needs to be shipped to germany....

Thanks a lot

Claus

If you are going to the trouble of fitting a manual transmission why not upgrade to a 5 speed?

Jamie Passon usually has some in stock.

Thx, I wrote Passon a Request:)

5 speed was my first thougt, but it was even more expensive, measure the drive shaft and ship the drive shaft then to germany. I had a quote from silver sport for 7000$....with no drive shaft.
You can add around 15 to 20% for Taxes and the drive shaft with extra shipping..Well over 9000 then.

Brewer with the 833 is around 5300 plus shipping and taxes. Shipping is Well oder 1000, taxes...Comes to 7500...even this is crazy.

You expected this project to be cheap?
Dude, you're in Germany and what you want....isn't.
Since you need the whole 9 yards (pedals, bellhousing, z-bar frame pivot, all the bits and parts),
you might actually be better off buying a parts car that has all of that already.

Since you need the whole 9 yards (pedals, bellhousing, z-bar frame pivot, all the bits and parts),
you might actually be better off buying a parts car that has all of that already.
If you can find someone over there that has a parts car. They don't have wrecking yards over the place like we do....at least in the early 70's they didn't. Heck, I sold a set of Porsche heads to someone over that way a few years ago. Asked him since the cars were built over there, why aren't there a supply of parts. He said they were no where to be found and that yards don't keep the stuff long when something comes in and there wasn't that many collectors either....at least not ones that had the room to store stuff.

No I didnt expect it to be cheap - I think it is a high price- nevertheless I decided to do it.

There is no parts car in germany you can buy from a junk Yard.....

No I didnt expect it to be cheap - I think it is a high price- nevertheless I decided to do it.

There is no parts car in germany you can buy from a junk Yard.....
I'm assuming you can get a car shipped to you still?

Shipping a car from the us to germany is not done for a 1000 or 2000 bucks to my door.
Buying a big block b body manual car is not cheap also.
And I have no space to Park another car.

So it makes no sense to buy a whole car for me.

You would probably be better off to sell the car you have, and buy one that has a 4 speed transmission in it already. It will probably be cheaper than trying to do the conversion with the price of the parts now a days and the cost of shipping them to Germany!

There's alot more pieces to this conversion than a guy would think

I have and have rebuilt tons of these transmissions, but if I was in Germany, wanted to do the swap, and needed everything to do the job, I would use Brewers hands down.

I’m converting an automatic to an 18 spline, and will probably go with a hydraulic throw out. My two E87 D21 cars are a bitch with the Hays pressure plate.

I’m converting an automatic to an 18 spline, and will probably go with a hydraulic throw out. My two E87 D21 cars are a bitch with the Hays pressure plate.

I agree,I am having a hard time getting used to the hydraulic clutch in my modern Challenger because I am used to the old school clutches in my old Mopars!

I agree,I am having a hard time getting used to the hydraulic clutch in my modern Challenger because I am used to the old school clutches in my old Mopars!
I messed up both my knees over the years, so it would be nice to not have to pry open a bear trap! Back in the day, I pulled away from a light in my Charger and the pedal went to the floor on the 1-2 shift. The ball stud broke off on the frame rail bracket. I talked to few racers that were still running a 4 speed, and between them snd the plastic cups, they weren’t up to the task of the Hays competition pressure plate. And then there’s the cost of procuring all the linkage. Hydraulic seems the way to go if your not worried about the OEM look.

Found my A833 trainee. on E bay. Cost me 400 dollars plus shipping. The Trans. was in good shape. This was a four-speed car, and everything was in it too hook up. Someone did a 727 swap before I got the car. If you don't have the pedals for four speeds, you will need the clutch pedal. Will have to get the Z bar mount on the frame rail. Plus, the Z bar. Need linkage for that also. Do you have the manual trans. bell housing. I found one and it had a slight crack at top. The guy said if you don't want it I will weld it up and sell it for more. So I got it and welded it up. Need the metal inspection plate for the bottom of the bell housing also. Good luck on the swap. :thumbsup:

Thx, I wrote Passon a Request:)

5 speed was my first thougt, but it was even more expensive, measure the drive shaft and ship the drive shaft then to germany. I had a quote from silver sport for 7000$....with no drive shaft.
You can add around 15 to 20% for Taxes and the drive shaft with extra shipping..Well over 9000 then.

Brewer with the 833 is around 5300 plus shipping and taxes. Shipping is Well oder 1000, taxes...Comes to 7500...even this is crazy.
Is the cost of $5300 a typo? Cannot believe Brewers would charge that much.

Auto Transport Service
Back