• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which radiator would you buy ?

Nah not only that stuff but he builds a hell of a radiator. Yes they looks amazing when done as well. Cost me a bit more for his vs. my local radiator shop, but his quality is next to none and he also gives you free repair for life of radiator if it leaks as long as you don't send a 2x4 through it or something. I believe he charged $750 for a 26" recore which wasn't much more than my local radiator shop. I wanted a factory radiator so I could use my fan shroud hardware and hang my overflow hose onto it vs the aftermarket where most don't provide provisions for that stuff. Overall his cost isn't too much higher than some of the higher end aftermarket radiators and they cool awesome.

thank you for that info sounds like i should call them and see what they have for me.

please remember it will be a month or so before i pull the trigger on this im in my finale info gathering as not to get it wrong.

thank you for that info sounds like i should call them and see what they have for me.

Yea see what he has to say and then go from there. Bob is a killer guy to deal with and even sends you the radiator before you pay him to make sure you get what you wanted and are happy. Hell.....in todays world that's some stand up service for sure.

Yea see what he has to say and then go from there. Bob is a killer guy to deal with and even sends you the radiator before you pay him to make sure you get what you wanted and are happy. Hell.....in todays world that's some stand up service for sure.

before i pay man you are right unheard of now days.

I’d slip a 26” in it. That’s what I run I my B body. I left the opening small but it still fits good.

4B389473-E292-48F1-A31D-67449307F784.jpeg

I’d slip a 26” in it. That’s what I run I my B body. I left the opening small but it still fits good.

View attachment 1008961
this is what i was wondering about is if i could do this . can you post a few pictures of how you installed that rad of its mounting. if i do that i can get a 2 fans 12 in fan with 4000 c f m and that would be what i think would be best.

this is what i was wondering about is if i could do this . can you post a few pictures of how you installed that rad of its mounting. if i do that i can get a 2 fans 12 in fan with 4000 c f m and that would be what i think would be best.

drivers side will mount up pretty good, This one I had to drill holes (not sure that’s always the case). Passenger side will defiantly need drilled. Then you just have to add a spacer to the top. Pretty easy.
481C1A9E-7EE3-4791-8535-73BF39679720.jpeg
A190570A-16B1-4030-A8CD-0D22685343AB.jpeg

008B2BC2-1FEA-4E58-8EAE-D18253B7680B.jpeg

I'd use the 26", even with the 22" small opening. Mine works perfect. Aluminum with 2 row 1" tubes. You may have to try different fan combos.

I'd use the 26", even with the 22" small opening. Mine works perfect. Aluminum with 2 row 1" tubes. You may have to try different fan combos.

the fans are an issue i think it was ghost rider that just went thru that

Derale is a good company. That kit has 11" fans which is better and he overall design looks good. I'm still very hard pressed to think you are going to get 1750 cfm out of those. And which Champion are thinking about getting?

i have not chose witch rad i will buy that is what i'm asking the people hear that have paid the price for what they bought so i'm trying to get a feel for the different rad's used

well if i put the 26 in rad i can put the 12 fan's and that is rated for 4000 with 2 of them. even if the 12 in fans only give me 3000 that would work . if the 11 in fans are off on rating i should get 1250 per fan that is 2500 cfm and that is the minimum for 99 deg with a heat index of 112 and hard to breath as the air is thick and waiting at a stop light for 5 min, i don't loose and a/c cooling.

I see so many guys having problems cooling. Verify timing is correct and the carb is not lean. My 545 blown HEMI has a $200 Afco triple pass rad and a single 116 inch spall fan on a toggle switch.Runs 185/190* in the heat or going round robin at the track.

IMG_1147.JPG

I see so many guys having problems cooling. Verify timing is correct and the carb is not lean. My 545 blown HEMI has a $200 Afco triple pass rad and a single 116 inch spall fan on a toggle switch.Runs 185/190* in the heat or going round robin at the track.

View attachment 1009345
i hear you when i raced the car i had a 3 row summit rad and 1-16 in fan and no problem round robin. with the heat and humility and 5 min stop light or car crash don't want a/c to lose temp

I also used the 26" Cold Case with Derale fans in my 64' b body ( 493). I went a little over kill because not only will the radiator have a condenser in front of it but it's also an automatic. I felt that that was asking a lot for a 22" radiator and wanted a little insurance of the extra surface area.

I also used the 26" Cold Case with Derale fans in my 64' b body ( 493). I went a little over kill because not only will the radiator have a condenser in front of it but it's also an automatic. I felt that that was asking a lot for a 22" radiator and wanted a little insurance of the extra surface area.

ok good info thank you for your time

how many row 2 or 3 ?

Auto Transport Service
Back