• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which radiator would you buy ?

Geez, there goes that idea.... I have an 18" fixed one in there now.
I'm surprised that fit!

OIPEBSMJ9Y3.jpg

I went to a 26" Cold Case and got rid of the stock 22", it's not enough for a big stroker. I would run your cooler lines to the radiator and then your external cooler. I've never heard of a failure where antifreeze and trans fluid would mix, not saying it's impossible but I've never heard of it.
I’ve seen it in other vehicles, not necessarily mopars just figured better safe than sorry. The Cold Case is what I was leaning towards since it works well in my Camaro, are you running a factory fan shroud and mechanical fan or did you go with electric?

I’ve seen it in other vehicles, not necessarily mopars just figured better safe than sorry. The Cold Case is what I was leaning towards since it works well in my Camaro, are you running a factory fan shroud and mechanical fan or did you go with electric?
I went with dual electric Derale (Spal) fans. I have a 64' Polara so my clearances will be different then yours. My 26" Cold Case width is listed as 3" thick but it's really closer to 3 1/4" total thickness with the mount bracket, hope that helps.

I went with dual electric Derale (Spal) fans. I have a 64' Polara so my clearances will be different then yours. My 26" Cold Case width is listed as 3" thick but it's really closer to 3 1/4" total thickness with the mount bracket, hope that helps.
That helps a bit, I currently have a flex fan with a spacer, that’s what was on the car when I bought it. I’m not ready to upgrade to electric fans yet but it’s likely a future upgrade for me. Did the Cold Case mount to the rad support well or was a lot of modification necessary to make it work?

That helps a bit, I currently have a flex fan with a spacer, that’s what was on the car when I bought it. I’m not ready to upgrade to electric fans yet but it’s likely a future upgrade for me. Did the Cold Case mount to the rad support well or was a lot of modification necessary to make it work?
I made the opening larger for the 26" radiator but there are many who left it the original size and re drilled the mount holes

I made the opening larger for the 26" radiator but there are many who left it the original size and re drilled the mount holes
The opening for mine is already 26”, the previous owner used the 26” that was in it for another project and put a 22 inch in with pieces of a rubber/fabric material making up the gaps in it. Any idea assuming the car was equipped with a 26” if the mounts are correct? Also is Cold Case a sponsor or not anymore? When digging through the forums I saw that they were at one point.

I'm pretty sure they are. They were very helpful on the phone with me. Give them a call and ask about the mount holes. Worst case, you would only be drilling through an aluminum flange, no big deal.

I'm pretty sure they are. They were very helpful on the phone with me. Give them a call and ask about the mount holes. Worst case, you would only be drilling through an aluminum flange, no big deal.
Their customer service was the only reason I kept the radiator for my Camaro. I was sent the wrong fan shroud 2 times for the radiator and fan combo. That fan and shroud sits in my garage now since they were nowhere near enough to cool a big block in 100+ degree heat. I’ll reach out to them about the Charger 26” radiator. Thanks for the reply.

Auto Transport Service
Back