• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which radiator would you buy ?

how many row 2 or 3 ?
I used one for a c body in my b body, i think it's a big 2 row, 3" thick ,with Derale shroud 6 1/4 " total. You need a decent alt. , 140 amp, for those fans and you shouldn't have them kick on at the same time .

I used one for a c body in my b body, i think it's a big 2 row, 3" thick ,with Derale shroud 6 1/4 " total. You need a decent alt. , 140 amp, for those fans and you shouldn't have them kick on at the same time .

ok good advice . thank you for the idea i did not think to look at the c-body

Another vote for Griffin. Best radiators in the biz and their exact fit line is just that.
Only question for me would be "convert to 26" or stay 22"?"
Me, I enlarged the radiator support and went 26"...

Another vote for Griffin. Best radiators in the biz and their exact fit line is just that.
Only question for me would be "convert to 26" or stay 22"?"
Me, I enlarged the radiator support and went 26"...

thank you. i'm getting to that point a 26 in rad is probable what i need to do.

thank you. i'm getting to that point a 26 in rad is probable what i need to do.
They do sell the proper side support piece to do it correctly -
I just chose a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder instead. :)

Well....I AM in Tennessee, after all....

They do sell the proper side support piece to do it correctly -
I just chose a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder instead. :)

Well....I AM in Tennessee, after all....

i saw the thread on how you and your friend did that and i liked the cost effective way to do that.

i plan on using the p.w.m from derale and there fans as they have 3000 to 4000 cfm fans available and the pwm will not spike the charging system.

Oh dear....you saw that, did ya?
I'm such a bad influence...:rolleyes:

well you got to do what works for you and in time it can be redone .
i most likely will install the 26 and wait on cutting the core support for a later time. most that have installed the 26 in the 22 hole have worked fine so i like the idea.
some have said that the repair pice is not the same thickness so i will look for a core support as time goes buy .

thanks to all hear very helpful

well you got to do what works for you and in time it can be redone .
i most likely will install the 26 and wait on cutting the core support for a later time. most that have installed the 26 in the 22 hole have worked fine so i like the idea.

thanks to all hear very helpful
That's what I had before the Griffin - a stock 26" radiator mounted using the drivers' side two original holes
in the support and finding new holes on the right side for it. 22" hole.
Didn't get me enough cooling though - this particular 440 is just hot-natured, I reckon.

That's what I had before the Griffin - a stock 26" radiator mounted using the drivers' side two original holes
in the support and finding new holes on the right side for it. 22" hole.
Didn't get me enough cooling though - this particular 440 is just hot-natured, I reckon.

what type of fan did you use ?

Didn’t mean to dig up an old thread but I didn’t think a whole new thread was needed. I’m looking at getting a radiator for my 68 Charger. Right now during winter months here in AZ the 22” aluminum one that came in the car is sufficient but during summer it’s not cooling enough. I’ve been looking for the best fitting options at a decent price and am in a 3-way toss up between Cold Case, Griffin, or Champion. I have a Cold Case in my 78 Camaro without issue though the electric fans were nowhere near enough to cool a big block in 100+ degree heat. My Charger is a 383 big block however I’m planning to install a 500ci stroker in the future to hopefully be a decently reliable 500-600hp mill. My Charger is automatic but I run an external cooler to avoid the potential of coolant and transmission fluid mixing in the event of a failure. Any advice would be appreciated especially if you use your car in hotter climates.

Didn’t mean to dig up an old thread but I didn’t think a whole new thread was needed. I’m looking at getting a radiator for my 68 Charger. Right now during winter months here in AZ the 22” aluminum one that came in the car is sufficient but during summer it’s not cooling enough. I’ve been looking for the best fitting options at a decent price and am in a 3-way toss up between Cold Case, Griffin, or Champion. I have a Cold Case in my 78 Camaro without issue though the electric fans were nowhere near enough to cool a big block in 100+ degree heat. My Charger is a 383 big block however I’m planning to install a 500ci stroker in the future to hopefully be a decently reliable 500-600hp mill. My Charger is automatic but I run an external cooler to avoid the potential of coolant and transmission fluid mixing in the event of a failure. Any advice would be appreciated especially if you use your car in hotter climates.
I went to a 26" Cold Case and got rid of the stock 22", it's not enough for a big stroker. I would run your cooler lines to the radiator and then your external cooler. I've never heard of a failure where antifreeze and trans fluid would mix, not saying it's impossible but I've never heard of it.

I wonder if a 19" fan would fit in the factory 26" radiator shroud?

look at the post of mine .... my perfect cooling system

Auto Transport Service
Back