• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which spark plugs to use in my new motor

Barsby340

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I am just wrapping up asseembling my new motor and I was hoping for some insight into which spark plugs to run. The engine is a 505 approx 10.6:1comp with trick flow heads. The cam is a Hyd roller with 600 lift and 243/251 dur at 50. Im also using a Sniper xflow system with the sniper ignition and distributor. Im mostly looking for others are running as a baseline. I can adjust the temp range from there once I get it running. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Did you look at the trickflow instruction sheet.
NGK R5671a - 6 or 7 comes to mind

ya I didnt see anything in the trick flow paperwork that came with them. I was surprised by that. I thought there would atleast be a base line part number

Did you look at the trickflow instruction sheet.
NGK R5671a - 6 or 7 comes to mind
the instruction sheet under recc parts gives an autolite part number? of which there is appprox 50 listed NGK plugs as a cross reference

The autolites are fine, like an ar3932 or something?

I just looked at my paperwork for Trickflow 240's and it shows Autolite part number 3924. That's what I'm using in my 505ci with sniper EFI.

I just looked at my paperwork for Trickflow 240's and it shows Autolite part number 3924. That's what I'm using in my 505ci with sniper EFI.
thanks for the reply, I assume teh "4" heat range on that plug seems to be close on yours? Anything else Ishould be aware of with the 505 sniper?

All the parts indicate a mild parts combo, so NGK 5 heat range would be correct.

NGK V-power 7 (R5671A)
My engine is similar: 400/511, about the same roller cam, trick flow 240, sniper FI.

No, 5 is the correct heat range.

There are only a few conditions in which colder plugs should be used: when a power added is used [ nitrous, blower etc ] or the engine will see constant high rpm such as road racing.
This is another most misunderstood topic, like a bigger carb has got be better.....

Auto Transport Service
Back