• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White '66 satellite convertible with black wheels

F Ugly. Looks plain and boring to me. I did just that with my hardtop car one time in 80’s. No pics to post.

Now all the young folks buy is black custom wheels. Looks like a junk to me.

I thought it would look good but it was bad.

what is the theme of your car? What color interior and top?

Last edited:
F Ugly. Looks plain and boring to me. I did just that with my hardtop car one time in 80’s. No pics to post.

Now all the young folks buy is black custom wheels. Looks like a junk to me.

what is the theme of your car?

wow really, someone **** in your wheaties today

I find this nice looking, sorry if you dont share the same tastes:

used-1969-plymouth-road_runner--9654-19721961-6-640.jpg

That Looks good! But, that is not a 66-67, and it has a black hood with red decals, red stripes on the wheels. colorful RR stickers on 3 sides of the car, etc. A12 look all the way is why it works. We expect to see a 69 RR look like that.

Actually that CAR looks awesome, the style of the wheels look like ****, solid metal dish, but the black is fine, and the red stripe totally saves it.

Again, what is the theme of your car? what/color top and interior? Does it have some trim?

That Looks good! But, that is not a 66-67, and it has a black hood with red decals, red stripes on the wheels. colorful RR stickers on 3 sides of the car, etc. A12 look all the way is why it works.

Actually that CAR looks awesome, the style of the wheels look like ****, solid metal dish, but the black is fine, and the red stripe saves it.

Again, what is the theme of your car? what/color top and interior? Does it have some trim?

Well for starters I will have a nice black top since it's '66 satellite vert, so i think that will help the black wheels. the interior is gold/red and the car has no trim...looking to make it a mickey themed car ;)

But heck, I'm not a fan of chrome either. I shopped for weeks to find a wheel to replace the ugly chrome wheels that were on my pickup when I got it. Everything was either chrome or black, and they were all difficult to clean. Finally found some grey five spokes for my 8lug truck.
That said, IT'S YOUR CAR! Do what YOU like! Don't give a crap about what other people think. The best way to be happy with your car is to do what YOU want with it.

To fancy of a wheel people look at them not the car. All black wheels offer no contrast need some color, MO.

they will have a silver center cap and maybe silver lugs.... they are practically the magnum 500 wheels but in all black
There looks like a small step on edge of spokes. You could buy 1/16" or 3/32" strip tape (color?) and do one wheel. The tape can be removed if it doesn't look good to you. If you like it then paint it.
As always it's your car and your look.

Jeff, do you happen to have any details on those "look like ****, solid metal dish" wheels on the Roadrunner? Brand, diameter, thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back