• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’s doing what in the off-season.

I already have a vacuum pump and vacuum Racepak sensor. Already have 5/8" studs. I may upgrade to dual 4500 throttle bodies and switch over to Holley EFI and add a few more Racepak sensors for more data acquisition. May also add some double adjustable rear shocks.
6PK, is it the Charger in your avatar that you race?
The Pump is new to my car, any predictions based on experience to what I may have? My motor seems to be sealed up pretty good, 5” of vacuum at idle, also checked the vacuum gauge to verify it’s reading right.

Ahh. That was a good motor for me.
I believe it was done.
I ran a Cloyes in it as well. It was the smaller size not standard. But I believe the chain still slacked a bit.

Here is the dyno sheet off that motor. It ran 10.90’s in Barney.

View attachment 1375592
Holy crap!! Thanks! That's alot of good data!
Yeah pretty excited to make some noise with it. The hp is pretty dead on to what I was hoping it'd make.. not that it's getting dynoed.
I'll look into a tighter chain, already been scorned for not going belt drive

Still plugging away on my hemi. Added some drain back tubes for oil control.

5CB1E47F-0AF1-434B-A42C-E2B590436DD8.jpeg

Three things
Gotta finished rough in bathroom finally
Put the quarters on Ruby
And the oldest Deere running again

20221105_170132.jpg

20220718_172244.jpg

6PK, is it the Charger in your avatar that you race?
The Pump is new to my car, any predictions based on experience to what I may have? My motor seems to be sealed up pretty good, 5” of vacuum at idle, also checked the vacuum gauge to verify it’s reading right.
No, the Charger is my cruiser. I race my Challenger.

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

20221001_151456.jpg

IMG9505671.jpg

Plan to replace sure grip unit with spool and thinking of changing to low first gear set during 727 refresh.

we dont get much of an off season here at all . I am just getting back up to speed after missing a couple of track champ rounds . Off to Portland Victoria for a ANDRA Summit Racing National round in 2 1/2 weeks . Only change for me is oil & filter . OH and finally had to buy a ute and open trailer as fuel bill is now too high to drive Plymouth interstate , $2.08/Litre was $2.30ish in March . Though diesel is $2.31/Litre still should halve my fuel bill .

Tex

trying to decide if i will repaint my original paint crossram, or just leave it since its almost impossible to get the right shade these days, MP race hemi orange is not even close as shown. paint is coming in from 3 differant sources to add to my expanding collection ! lol. hopefully something will work, or i will bolt it on as is....

IMG_1024.JPG

s-l1600 (9).jpg

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

Looks nice repainted. The original color looks like it has more yellow. MO

You can get any color you want mixed. I just took an eyeball shot in the dark and came up with this.
Doug

E19.jpg

You can get any color you want mixed. I just took an eyeball shot in the dark and came up with this.
Doug

View attachment 1376578
trying to decide if i will repaint my original paint crossram, or just leave it since its almost impossible to get the right shade these days, MP race hemi orange is not even close as shown. paint is coming in from 3 differant sources to add to my expanding collection ! lol. hopefully something will work, or i will bolt it on as is....

View attachment 1376556

View attachment 1376557

View attachment 1376559

View attachment 1376560
That’s quite a difference alright. A repaint would sure help, hopefully one of your incoming colours is close to what Doug ended up with.

Waiting for parts, waiting for word on my low gear set. Waiting all the damn time. So I got dicking around with the 770’s on the Dart today. I’ve reinstalled the rear metering blocks and changed the vacuum pot springs from silver to brown, which is the next step stiffer. Will see how that works in about next April or May.
B63C4F08-7E02-417D-95F5-0885AEC78985.jpeg

I’m also waiting on a lathe to show up. A few weeks back my buddy and I made a crank mandrel on his old mil/lathe machine for my vacuum pump upgrade on the Plymouth. From there I started thinking about how handy it is to have a lathe, stopped in at a local tool dealer, the Manager there is a Mopar guy and now I’m waiting for my new lathe to show up. Supply chain issues these days, this could be a long wait. Have built a dolly for the unit while waiting but cannot weld up until I can get the proper stand width, the book doesn’t indicate exact stand width size, waiting.
F8FEA03B-5450-4F42-A1E7-CF8FB5EAA36E.jpeg

E8845044-58B0-498C-A5BD-075E19772B02.jpeg

Took the rear axle cover off today. Not good. Zero back lash. 2 pinion teeth bind in the ring gear every revolution. This is the 3rd R&P in the car in 10 years. Ordered a $2000 dollar set of wheels today since it broke the rears. Haven't replaced my $1200 back up converter yet. At least I didn't blow up the motor this year so this winters upgrades will still be more economical. So everyone thinks it's cool to go fast. Careful what you wish for.
Doug

Took the rear axle cover off today. Not good. Zero back lash. 2 pinion teeth bind in the ring gear every revolution. This is the 3rd R&P in the car in 10 years. Ordered a $2000 dollar set of wheels today since it broke the rears. Haven't replaced my $1200 back up converter yet. At least I didn't blow up the motor this year so this winters upgrades will still be more economical. So everyone thinks it's cool to go fast. Careful what you wish for.
Doug
Dang, I was just thinking that I need to go faster.

Doug
Oh crap that bites. Hopefully it’s just a bad run of luck. Probably the main reason I’m ok running 10.00’s although the vacuum pump upgrade may put me into the 9’s, we’ll find out.

Doug
Do you think you tweaked the carrier?

took the intake down to the machine shop today and put it in there industrial dishwasher and it took all the paint off ! thats a 1st.. ordered OER classic engine paint.

1962-65 Chrysler Plymouth Dodge; Orange; OER Engine Paint; 16 Oz. Aerosol Can (Net Wt. 12 Oz.)​

Product Details​

OER Classic Blend Engine Paint offers maximum coverage and adhesion to air cleaners engine blocks heads intake manifolds valve covers water pumps oil panstransmission cases and more. Factory original color for Chrysler Plymouth Dodge replicates Mopar OE # P4120751. Comes in a 16 Oz. Aerosol Can (Net Wt. 12 Oz.)This specially formulated engine paint is unaffec ted by rust gasoline oil grease salt and extreme humidity and is also resistant to temperatures of up to 400°F. This special paint blend offers excellent hiding ability and delivers spray-gun quality results without the mess or hassle of mixing p aint or cleaning equipment.Note: Ships via ground freight only and is shipped exclusively within the continental US as no air shipments are permitted on aerosol spray cans. Applications: 1962-63 Mopar 413ci - V81964 Mopar 413ci - V8 Race Engine Only1965 Mopar 413ci - V81963 Mopar 426ci - V8 Wedge1964 Mopar 426ci - Hemi V8 Race Engine Only.
will do a test spray before applying it this weekend after gorging on turkey.

IMG_1033.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back