• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who buys these super expensive Muscle Cars?

When I say who ARE these people like Jerry Seinfeld says, I mean where do these buyers come from? I'd like to find them.
Well thats not what your first post said. Im still not getting what your overall point is. Do you have a high end car your looking to sell? This is what your post now implies.

I have sold off 11 cars in the last two years, and I only bought 4. I have several friends who are selling off their cars,and some that are still buying them up. Gary bought a new Hellcat Challenger Redeye, and he wants to sell off everything he has.
Who the hell is "Gary"?

Gary was having a great time at Atlanta Motor Speedway

6C54F290-55ED-4251-8C4B-6BD84FC74BCD.png 228E7447-5393-4977-A291-210EE9E6EA78.png

I have never had a pedigree car. I've never had a virgin. I've never owned a new house. Being the first to something or owning the very best of the breed has never been a goal of mine. I see a rare 440-6 or Hemi car as something that may be fine for people that want to only trailer it to shows but that just isn't my bag, man....I like to personalize my cars, I like to tinker and try new things. Deviating from factory correct parts on a super valuable car is a money-losing move.
Virgins....I never had the patience to play the long game waiting for them to finally give in.
New houses....I don't like small lots and here in CA, a new house is usually in a housing tract with neighbors REAL close. No thanks!

I have never had a pedigree car. I've never had a virgin. I've never owned a new house. Being the first to something or owning the very best of the breed has never been a goal of mine. I see a rare 440-6 or Hemi car as something that may be fine for people that want to only trailer it to shows but that just isn't my bag, man....I like to personalize my cars, I like to tinker and try new things. Deviating from factory correct parts on a super valuable car is a money-losing move.
Virgins....I never had the patience to play the long game waiting for them to finally give in.
New houses....I don't like small lots and here in CA, a new house is usually in a housing tract with neighbors REAL close. No thanks!

I personalize my cars too,who needs a stinkin roof!
8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

I couldn't find an answer on the net. I mean most of us buy stuff in the $20K to $30K range. When prices are going crazy at an auction or private sale who are these guys? Are they just rich collectors or do they drive them to church on Sunday?

I just can't see a rich guy that is all about appearances driving a Hemi Charger. Isn't that a little gauche for the super-rich? I see it in the watch world when something becomes super expensive they are very understated.
Yes

It's all relative to what is expensive, depending on your financial condition. Me, I looked for a '68 Charger for a decade that was under 25k, and all I found were cars that needed another 10/15k or more. I got super lucky and found one that people got really fed up with tire kickers and sold it to me. Go to any cruise night and you will see high end cars that people have built, or had built, but I don't know if they are just recently purchased or had before price became crazy. There is still a lot of money out there, just look here, guys with several upper level cars. You'll see at auctions, a lot of boomers buying cars that maybe they wanted or had as teens and are getting now before the end:(.

The boomers buying up cars happened 15 years ago, these days it's car guys and collectors buying cars. The collector buyers are buying up the cream of the crop,top of the heap cars,and us car guys are buying the heaps that are left.

The reason I only own one car, have you seen what the market did this week, more money playing the market than storing a car away that I'm afraid to put miles on, so I can save it for the next guy!! I love cars, but it's the money that allows me to buy and sell, or drive anything I want, when I want, or if I want. My old viper which is long gone with real low mileage on it is worth about 30 to 35 grand now. Been there, done that... I drive for fun, I put well over 3 thousand miles on my car this year, if I wear it out, then I'll get another, I'll always have one, but, investing is my drug of choice.

I couldn't find an answer on the net. I mean most of us buy stuff in the $20K to $30K range. When prices are going crazy at an auction or private sale who are these guys? Are they just rich collectors or do they drive them to church on Sunday?

I just can't see a rich guy that is all about appearances driving a Hemi Charger. Isn't that a little gauche for the super-rich? I see it in the watch world when something becomes super expensive they are very understated.

This is who drives Hemi Chargers!!! LOL!
IMG_6446.jpg

If I had any brains, I would sell off all but two of the cars,sell off all the parts, buy a Hellcat Challenger, and make a big mancave out of the back section of the garage!
I have a Hellcat I’ll sell ya! Seriously though, if you guys haven’t sold out yet, be prepared to ride the values down. We’ve past the peak of the muscle car value and with the sissification of America, the interest of future generations isn’t there like it once was, neither is their ability to afford.

Auto Transport Service
Back