• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has a fast street car?

Will be involved helping my mate with his RR this year but previously I've been going to watch and walk the pits for a day out, those who remember me racing from back in the day I can talk to ok, some even ask for advice on their set up but what pi$$ed me off are the racers you try and ask a few sensible questions from who don't know you have this attitude that your some sort of fool and they are the only ones who know anything. I never was like that, I always looked at it as someone is interested in my car and I would always answer their questions and be friendly, I guess were all different.

I am grateful for the patient, helpful advice I get on this forum. Very grateful, for the patience and advice!

I also forgot I will be involved in a power adder car this year as we are putting a Pro Charger on my sons Dart. It will be fun and some learning also. Ron

I also forgot I will be involved in a power adder car this year as we are putting a Pro Charger on my sons Dart. It will be fun and some learning also. Ron
That"s cool! Can't wait to hear how that does. :thumbsup:

There is such a wide variety of the perception on the answer of FAST.Then there are guys that have F.A.S.T cars:lol:
I do find it quite entertaining to see their factory APPEARING cars on these skinny little bias tires.These guys think outside the box and the appearance just might not be what they appear.:poke::nutkick:

View attachment 903624 View attachment 903625 View attachment 903626 View attachment 903627 View attachment 903628 View attachment 903629 View attachment 903630 View attachment 903631 View attachment 903632 View attachment 903633
Let's just say there was another elephant in the room that night Hemi-its. LOL.
As far as the '68 Hemi, I believe we found the problem and it was running razor sharp for just a second or two before it ran out of petro. It was a night to remember. LOL.

Let's just say there was another elephant in the room that night Hemi-its. LOL.
As far as the '68 Hemi, I believe we found the problem and it was running razor sharp for just a second or two before it ran out of petro. It was a night to remember. LOL.
The palm man needed the guru palm to do some tickling:lol: .................................
The things that happen under the streets of NYC blow me away!! I had a great time!

My E body is still a street car w/ all the stock interior and body panels, except for the 'glass hood. Weighs in at close to 3900 lbs. Runs mid 9s at 140 mph naturally aspirated on pump gas and w/ nitrous it's been in the 8s at 152+ mph.

Well, I'm trying to keep piston speed down. Also 700 ft lbs is my appx self imposed "limit" because of the transmission. I believe that if I could jump in with the F&B direct port injection 3x2 throttle plate EFI system, that I have seen flow rated at 1,900 CFM, and up to 2,400 is available, in the 3x2 configuration, well maybe I would go bigger, but "the forum" has me worried about breaking driveline parts, and I am NOT giving up my 5 speed Passon Performance a855.
If I ever get the bug to make it mostly a track car, which would be the exact opposite of what I plan, well I'd still want to row the gears, so I'd have to look at a Jerico transmission, and any other "weak links".
I don't see that happening.
Remember, the reasons for the aluminum aftermarket block is mainly for peace of mind at the upper end of what a stock block can handle. That is major, and something I won't have to worry about. Along with that, there's the added benefits of 140 pounds less up front, and the WOW factor when it's hoods UP.
Rocker arms will be whatever gives me the best geometry and strength, and the least maintenance necessary.
Use Hughes Cryo Rockers

My E body is still a street car w/ all the stock interior and body panels, except for the 'glass hood. Weighs in at close to 3900 lbs. Runs mid 9s at 140 mph naturally aspirated on pump gas and w/ nitrous it's been in the 8s at 152+ mph.
And have been for years!

Been watchin you for years!:lowdown:

As the saying goes. Don't matter how fast you are there is probably someone else faster than you are somewhere.

7/10/11 Ron @ Chrysler Carlisle. Did not have my car together and brought my transmission GURUz blown hemi Charger and a little BBQ snack.:lol:
He dragged his wifes 70 Sublime trackPack 4sp dana. They do have nice toys!!

CARLISLE 7.11 149.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 148.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 149.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 150.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 005.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 004.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 008.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 062 - Copy.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 256 - Copy.jpg CARLISLE 7.11 257 - Copy.jpg

As the saying goes. Don't matter how fast you are there is probably someone else faster than you are somewhere.
I went to Roadkill night last August to watch and take pictures was my assignment I was assigned by the assassins:screwy:. There are some bad *** fast cars in DEEEtrOIT!

1st car to hook and pull the wheels up>>>>>>>>>>>

67842987_2542111755828650_7230269102818852864_n.jpg DSC02991.JPG DSC03026.JPG DSC03030.JPG DSC03039.JPG IMG_1940.jpg Woodward 2019 024.jpg Woodward 2019 029.jpg Woodward 2019 031.jpg Woodward 2019 042.jpg

I went to Roadkill night last August to watch and take pictures was my assignment I was assigned by the assassins:screwy:. There are some bad *** fast cars in DEEEtrOIT!

Yes, there is. The cars shown on Street Outlaws does not fully represent Detroit. Mine is just a cruiser. Lol. The two fogger are just in case I am late for work.....

1st car to hook and pull the wheels up>>>>>>>>>>>

View attachment 930595 View attachment 930596 View attachment 930597 View attachment 930598 View attachment 930599 View attachment 930600 View attachment 930601 View attachment 930602 View attachment 930603 View attachment 930604

IMG9505711.jpg

Didn't see you there! We couldn't stay the week for the Cruise but it's on my bucket list to race and stay for the cruise.I'm fine in the bumper to bumper zoo.

Auto Transport Service
Back