• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has had Cataract Surgery?

Ron, glad to hear it went well.... Thanks for following up...

I went from being able to see "there's a tree." to being able to see what kind of tree, individual branches, and individual leaves!
Hopefully soon...

I had Lasik 30 years ago... When that was done it was the best I'd ever seen, twenty years later it had deteriorated considerably... My eye doctor said I needed a touch up but mentioned I was showing early signs of cataracts... And suggested taking care of it then.... Surgeon didn't think it was time... Just did the Lasik touch-up... It helped but wasn't nearly as much of an improvement as twenty years prior... Doc said "I told you so" (not really) here we are ten years later & details are blurry, street signs? I gotta get entirely to close to read...
My new insurance covers cataract surgery 100% with zero deductible.... So.......

Hopefully soon...

I had Lasik 30 years ago... When that was done it was the best I'd ever seen, twenty years later it had deteriorated considerably... My eye doctor said I needed a touch up but mentioned I was showing early signs of cataracts... And suggested taking care of it then.... Surgeon didn't think it was time... Just did the Lasik touch-up... It helped but wasn't nearly as much of an improvement as twenty years prior... Doc said "I told you so" (not really) here we are ten years later & details are blurry, street signs? I gotta get entirely to close to read...
My new insurance covers cataract surgery 100% with zero deductible.... So.......
Went years with the eye doc checking my eyes annually. Every year it was “You don’t need the procedure, isn’t time…yet.” Heck, he said this just 16-18 months ago? Well didn’t seem as though I was having that lousy of sight. But, things went sour in that span and seemed quickly over last summer when I noticed my night driving vision was gone! I limped home after a car show squinting like crazy hoping I wouldn’t hit something – like a pedestrian! I thought my old ride’s headlights were crappy – they are; but next occasion in my truck, about the same hassle. Glad my wide was with me then as I pulled over and asked her to drive. We know vision problems can be more dire than others and lucked out – this time.

My wife had her right eye done,in and out in an hour no issues,that was two years ago.

Hopefully soon...

Any surgery is a gamble, as are the results. I have a close friend (my girlfriends sister) who is putting it off. She still sees fairly well. Just like Ron,, doc says it isn't necessary, yet. When I got mine done , I was virtually blind in that eye, each time. I would do it again, 100%.

Lol, I’ve had half-dozen surgeries to fix stuff on my body starting in my 40’s, lower back, fusion, another one last year having 10-screws in my neck, hand surgeries, injections. I’m approaching 70 now and still pretty functional, thankfully. No diseases – yet. I see now it’s a matter of keeping going, not knowing for how long I’m given, as father-time is closing in.

All I can think of, reciting a phrase – If I’d have known I’d live this long – I would have taken better care of myself…cuz I didn’t do that great of job.

My older brother had both eyes done last year.
They did one then waited a month and did the other.
No problems at all, he did follow directions , stayed away from th welder , dust, paint , ect while healing.
Improved his vision to the point of no more prescription glasses , he does still use readers for real fine print.
He,s 68.

Had both done and paid the extra to correct my astigmatism and would recommend having it done
Astigmatism. Is that when the nerve from your rectum to your eye acts up, and you get a $hitty outlook on life? Asking for a friend.

I have a referral to an eye surgeon next month for cataract surgery. A friend of mine had hers repaired and no longer wears glasses. I hope it goes as well for me.

I think you guys are misgendering an Eyerectomy..... This is a delicate operation to disconnect your eyes from your rectum, thus improving your shitty outlook on life.

Who has had Cataract Surgery?​

I asked a Chinese friend of mine that very question yesterday.......He said he prefers to get his oil changed at the Dealer's workshop. :p

Who has had Cataract Surgery?​

I asked a Chinese friend of mine that very question yesterday.......He said he prefers to get his oil changed at the Dealer's workshop. :p
No Cataract: I have Rincoln!

Dad (95) had both done 15 years ago and wears no glasses. Mom (passed now) had both done right after that but one eye did not take and had to still wear glasses because it wasn’t fixable after that, can’t remember why. I’m 74, so far good but use reading glasses and can still see tree limbs 1/4 mile away. My sister said my eyes looked cloudy so I had them checked 3 years ago, doc said no problem yet. I’m down to 10% hearing and the thought of loosing my eyes scares the he!! out of me. I will be keeping an ‘eye’ on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back