• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has tried this starter?

I wonder if you'll be looking at a rewire in the future. My 65 was doing some no start issues periodically and then finally ended up with nada. One of the reasons for the Ron Francis box sitting on the shelf waiting for install.

Heck....the truck is 47 years old. I'm amazed that I haven't had to do any front axle service on it yet.
I did bypass the ammeter using a modified version of the MAD electrical schematic....
Original factory arrangement:

Mopar elect.jpg

Modified arrangement:

MAD 3.jpg

Instead of having the red and black wire go through the bulkhead or firewall, I have just one 10 gauge wire. Their suggestion to "loop" them together seemed sloppy to me.

@Kern Dog
Important note: I and others have found that attaching the starter wires to this is tedious and difficult if you do it after installing the starter. I had to feed the wires in and attach them by working through my fender access "hole" around the middle of the fenderwell that I believe is there to make factory UCA adjustments. I had to turn the 2 nuts that go on the posts a wee bit at a time.
If you can use one of the "post adapters" that we commonly see, that may help, or just attach the wires before you bolt the starter in.

Yes. This helps..

Mopar Mini Starter Terminal Conversion/Relocation Kit *THE BEST, PLEASE READ!!* | eBay

With this truck as with the Charger, I have to attach the terminals and tighten the nuts before putting the starter into place. The headers complicate matters but to me, they are worth it.

Auto Transport Service
Back