• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who sells a '70 Charger VOLT gauge to replace the ammeter?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
I know that the gauge restoration shops can convert a cluster to have a Voltmeter. Does anyone sell just the voltmeter itself? I'm talking one that fits in the 68-70 B body rallye cluster?

DSCN1919.JPG

I think it is a modification...at least that's what I was told a few years ago when I had a spare Rallye dash converted. There is some modifications required....chopping a big hole, and pouring in a bit of epoxy and glue etc. I would imagine there is a standard sized gauge for the job, but you also need to do a faceplate change.

I used Redline Gauges for mine.

I figured that the refacing of the gauge is the easy part. The decals or vinyl stickers could make an ammeter gauge look like a voltmeter. I wonder if I can just stuff an aftermarket voltmeter in there using an ammeter needle and a vinyl sticker.....

I figured that the refacing of the gauge is the easy part. The decals or vinyl stickers could make an ammeter gauge look like a voltmeter. I wonder if I can just stuff an aftermarket voltmeter in there using an ammeter needle and a vinyl sticker.....

That's what I did in my Power Wagon. Just need a gauge with the right sweep and size. Even the studs lined up with the ammeter ones.

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG

That's what I did, just a standard 2" voltmeter that I butchered and fitted. I took the amp meters old needle and glued it to the new voltmeter instead of the chunkier needle that was originally on it. Also reused the old faceplate and got a volt sticker for it.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...hemi-pro-touring.135133/page-4#post-911150982

Auto Transport Service
Back