• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's going to be ready for opening day?

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Just finished installing the trans. and new converter in my car. That's all I had to do this year to be ready. I'm just 3 quarts low of tranny fluid to fire it up and get it loaded. I can't wait. Come on spring. Never put off tomorrow what you can do today. I'm glad I still have the spark!

Not me yet, My current car isn't really a racecar anyway, more of a Street/Strip toy now, so many times I think, man I wish I would have kept my old car, wouldn't have sold it, because everything done, sorted out & ran really well {but how many of us always say that ?}, I have another few months of Ol'Pops going thru heart/cardio & stress tests, possibly ultimately surgery {he's much better, but realistically I don't see things improving much, as he's getting older everyday}, hampering any real traveling, may go to a few local deals in Sacramento, Bakersfield & Sears Point to spectate... you gotta do what you gotta do, I live vicariously thru others lately... Looking forward to all your photos & videos this coming Race season... Good luck, kick some a$$

I should be ready.....
Finishing up the few little items from the Converter swap, and battery relocation... Then I'll weld in my frame connectors that have been lying next to my car in the garage since last summer.... Also making (AutoCad Drawing) a nice drive-shaft loop for the production guys to fab up at work.... Stealing this method....

Attachments

• dloop2.jpg
    dloop2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 343
Not me yet, My current car isn't really a racecar anyway, more of a Street/Strip toy now, so many times I think, man I wish I would have kept my old car, wouldn't have sold it, because everything done, sorted out & ran really well {but how many of us always say that ?}, I have another few months of Ol'Pops going thru heart/cardio & stress tests, possibly ultimately surgery {he's much better, but realistically I don't see things improving much, as he's getting older everyday}, hampering any real traveling, may go to a few local deals in Sacramento, Bakersfield & Sears Point to spectate... you gotta do what you gotta do, I live vicariously thru others lately... Looking forward to all your photos & videos this coming Race season... Good luck, kick some a$$

Budnicks, with over 14,000 posts have you ever put a picture up of your hot rod?
I dont believe I ever saw it. please put up some of your car ****.

my only toy is my 68 RR now... old not so good photos, a few changes & cleaned up mor, just a street strip car, different wheels for racing, but not much has changed, still haven't painted it, it's nothing special, still not even close to being done... I have a ton of parts I still haven't installed yet until I get the rest of parts for my final project then I will take it apart & reassemble with new parts after paint {it'll be the original LL-1 Surf Turquoise Metallic Poly, with semi-Black on the hood & gloss black bottom, below the body line}... I sold my finished 68 RR Silver racecar a few year back now, my 23 Altered 540ci Milodon Hemi Blown Inj. went like 8 years ago now, 2007 was last pro-quality car was sold, Brand X started life as a 94 Trans Am {rebodied with a 2000 TA carbon fiber Harrys Glass, doors, front end, hood trunk, big Pro-Mod wing etc. Pro-mod SFI spec.} Top Sportsman/Calif. Outlaw P/S Assn. light double rail tube chassis car w/funny car cage, 2150lbs w/ballast {with out 250#driver} with a BBC 540ci twin split Dominators w/bunch of N20 or 526ci Enderle Alky Inj. Blown, depending on what year & what I was doing... Sorry not any digital photos of any of my old racecars, never been a camera guy, always in the car... I just got into using a digital camera recently, as you can tell by the lousy photos, my old partner has a ton in print, I have to get some & convert them to digital someday...

Attachments

• 68 RR #15 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    68 RR #15 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 68 RR #24 Apr 21 2011 479ci-6bbl.jpg
    68 RR #24 Apr 21 2011 479ci-6bbl.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 353
Heck, I hope so. My trailer roof collapsed from snow. Got it jacked up, new roof bows coming. Haven't even touched the car,as my friends 31 Dodge/gen 3 Hemi project is on the hoist. Have to go through the trans, engine bearings, and swap the gear in the 64. I've got at least 8-9 weeks.
Doug

HOpe get my heep out in a month or so. Money issues again are forcing me to take longer to buy some needed accessories .
My wife is getting really peeved at me for spending last months household bill money.
i might be living in my garage if I do it again.

HOpe get my heep out in a month or so. Money issues again are forcing me to take longer to buy some needed accessories .
My wife is getting really peeved at me for spending last months household bill money.
i might be living in my garage if I do it again.

Ouch... not a good idea!

Got all of the parts (430 gears, 3000 stall converter, new distributor) just waitin for mother nature to cut me a f**kin break!!!!!!!!!!! It's back in the 20's and more snow comin this week.

Hmmm, this is a tricky question. I have plenty of time to work on my car, as I have no work coming in for the last two months. Now, I have no money to buy the things I need as I have had no work for the last two months. I do however have a couple of things here that I can put on the car in the meanwhile, however, my car is buried in storage right now so I can't do anything to it at the moment. So, that being said, I guess I'm as ready as I was last year.

Heck, I hope so. My trailer roof collapsed from snow. Got it jacked up, new roof bows coming. Haven't even touched the car,as my friends 31 Dodge/gen 3 Hemi project is on the hoist. Have to go through the trans, engine bearings, and swap the gear in the 64. I've got at least 8-9 weeks.
Doug

Oh I almost forgot. The Cummins needs a head gasket also, damn.

Doug

I think theres at least 8-9 weeks for the snow to melt.

I hope to be running by next week. Will wait awhile till concrete warms up an let some other cars line the tracks with some fresh rubber first.

572, seems I remember seeing your car in National Dragster. Super comp wasnt it? Good luck this year.

I just found a 10% off code so I went and bought the last few things I needed
And my wife just threw a huge fit.
I just can't stop buying even though my cash flow is low.
Well at least I can get my car finished for the upcoming sseason ill deal with her later.

I just found a 10% off code so I went and bought the last few things I needed
And my wife just threw a huge fit.
I just can't stop buying even though my cash flow is low.
Well at least I can get my car finished for the upcoming sseason ill deal with her later.

Yeah it's an addiction sometimes, need to pace yourself if money's tight... good luck with the wifey, I hope the garage is heated too, you may need it...LOL...

what is it, that you're building ?? maybe some photos & details

- - - Updated - - -

Damn dvw you had a string of bad crap happen to ya, didn't ya ??, good luck with all the fixes & I hope 2104 will be much better the rest of the year for you !! Happy MoParing

Oh I almost forgot. The Cummins needs a head gasket also, damn.

Doug

I SHOULD be ready it just needs to warm up so I can install the new motor. 1st day for my track is April 12th.

I finished up my car today so all we need now is some warmer weather. more snow again Sunday night. geeeez!!

I have my Nendra shirt on if that qualifies me as being ready?

bought mine from mancini back in 2001 ish. one of those "wish I woulda made my own things along with the subframe connectors" hind sight deals.

Auto Transport Service
Back