• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's going to be ready for opening day?

I hope they are wrong for your guys sake too...

sucks to hear about the frame spring mount stuff, good luck

I really hope that you're a really terrible weather forcaster. I've had enough bad news for today!

I hope they are wrong for your guys sake too...

sucks to hear about the frame spring mount stuff, good luck

Thanks, I guess that's what happens when you're playing with 40+ year old cars and you don't have professionals do the work! Valuable lesson learned.

Battery box just got 4 new 5/16th bolts and loctite to hold everything in place to the trunk floor....
Now I need to weld the frame connectors in place..... I sure wish the weather would decide to straighten up!!

Now i need to find out about engine diapers. i've been hearing a few rumors. Anyone hear anything for our area?

Now i need to find out about engine diapers. i've been hearing a few rumors. Anyone hear anything for our area?

for anything 7.49 et 1/4 mile & 4.49 et 1/8 mile or faster, is the only stuff I saw, reqiring a engine diaper/blanket, belly pan or other oil retention devises or if it's boosted, centrifugal supercharged, turbocharged or Roots or PSI blown & also methanol or nitro-methane fuel, than probably, or if it's in a car where the trans &/or engine is exposed to & in-front of the driver, but that's been a tech/rule since the early 90's IIRC... But I haven't read the new 2014 NHRA or the IHRA rule book thou...

Battery box just got 4 new 5/16th bolts and loctite to hold everything in place to the trunk floor....
Now I need to weld the frame connectors in place..... I sure wish the weather would decide to straighten up!!

Hey, gotta question for you...says your PM inbox is full, though.

Ran it for a while today

Short clip of it running with a few revs... It has FAST up to RPM and back to Choppy idle... always been that way![video=youtube_share;CtVo9lXVrcs]http://youtu.be/CtVo9lXVrcs[/video]

Short clip of it running with a few revs... It has FAST up to RPM and back to Choppy idle... always been that way![video=youtube_share;CtVo9lXVrcs]http://youtu.be/CtVo9lXVrcs[/video]

Sounds great, you needed to back it up some. that was a tease. i did the same yesterday.

i see them now! you like the converter so far?

I think so,,,, only experience with it is the short throttle bursts I did today though.... Sure did make the front of the car raise in a hurry when it did bite!!!!

67 B-Body car sounds perty damn good, how does she run ??

I run one. No need to bang it off the wall if the motor breaks. My buddies GTX kicked a rod last spring. They didn't even have to clean the track, not a drop. For less than 1K I have a 10lb fire system, diaper, and piece of mind. Cheap insurance.
Doug

I run one. No need to bang it off the wall if the motor breaks. My buddies GTX kicked a rod last spring. They didn't even have to clean the track, not a drop. For less than 1K I have a 10lb fire system, diaper, and piece of mind. Cheap insurance.
Doug

I'm measuring for 2 diapers now. I would hate to go sideways crossing the finish line at 150+mph.
I got too much to risk it. you just never know.

Truck and trailer is all hooked up.I got the snow all cleared.61 degrees today. Wooooooo!:headbang: but getting cold again Thursday.:angryfire:

Looks like I'm not the only one that won't be ready for opening day. Here are some pictures of Island Dragway today.

Attachments

• Island.jpg
    Island.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Island 2.jpg
    Island 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 114
Auto Transport Service
Back