• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's going to be ready for opening day?

Looks like I'm not the only one that won't be ready for opening day. Here are some pictures of Island Dragway today.

This just blows me away. Nobody plowed this stuff away yet? With all the help they had getting up and running nobody stepped up to help get the place race ready? :angryfire:

I don't think that just plowing would help. If it's piled up along side, it would just melt back onto the track.

I don't think that just plowing would help. If it's piled up along side, it would just melt back onto the track.

All the other tracks are just about ready. Unfortunately, it looks like we might be getting more. oh well.:glasses10:

I'm ready. Going to start car Thursday. Now needs to stay in the 60s for a month warm up the concrete.

That photo is hard to look at. Never seen so much snow in March.

Looks like I'm not the only one that won't be ready for opening day. Here are some pictures of Island Dragway today.

That sucks a$$... stay warm

I'll just throw on a set of snow tires. That would guarantee me at least one win this year.

I'll just throw on a set of snow tires. That would guarantee me at least one win this year.

Don't sell yourself short.
You can count on the red light bandit to help you out some.:duckie:

Attachments

• NENDRA2013.jpg
    NENDRA2013.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 209
I just heard that Island was looking for volunteers tomorrow to help get the track ready.

So, Island dragway was supposed to start running tonight. I got a text earlier that said the track was still closed because of ice. Winter will never end . Just heard we're getting more snow next week. Great!!!

So, Island dragway was supposed to start running tonight. I got a text earlier that said the track was still closed because of ice. Winter will never end . Just heard we're getting more snow next week. Great!!!
More ??, that really blows...

Global warming...
Or
Climate change...
Weather is unpredictable this time of year

More ??, that really blows...

Yeah, they're talking a Nor'easter. Probably alot. At least I got the spring perch on my car fixed thanks to eldubb440. He has a lot of work going on in his shop but still managed to get me fixed up for this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Global warming...
Or
Climate change...
Weather is unpredictable this time of year
Its predictable. I predict it sucks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Island Dragway pictures from yesterday.

Attachments

• island 01.jpg
    island 01.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 166
  • island 02.jpg
    island 02.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 163
Here is a preview of next years shirt.:icon_super:

Attachments

• nendra.jpg
    nendra.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 175
nice Bob...LOL... hope it get warm out your way pretty soon...

less than 2 weeks to opening day! :headbang:

Attachments

• dsc07439-M.jpg
    dsc07439-M.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 133
  • NENDRA2013.jpg
    NENDRA2013.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 188
Another wet storm blowing thru again they say it's heading east too, I hope for your guys sake it isn't... we need the rain & snow here thou, it welcomed, we just had a couple weeks of 75*+ sunny weed sprouting/growing weather, even up here in the foothills, not yesterday & today thou... sorry not to be a bearer of bad news, again... that stupid "groundhog" was right about at-least 6 more weeks of winter...

Auto Transport Service
Back