• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Widow regulator rebuild kits

Jnelson

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get window regulator parts? Windows are real hard to roll up and down and I think rollers, etc. need to be replaced.

Thanks

When was the last time everything was lubed? If it was like mine, it was when it left the factory in `66! Before buying anything, I would try cleaning what you currently have, lubing everything up with lithium grease, then making adjustments where needed with the tracks, as these cars were not known for having everything aligned well from the factory. My aunt & uncle were the original owners of my Belvedere II, and I can remember as a kid, the rear windows not going down all the way, and the passenger door needed a stong arm to get it down. With cleaning, lubrication, and re-alignment of the tracks, all 4 windows now function as they should...no parts changed (aside from worn out weather stripping).

Morning, go on e-bay type in Plymouth window rollers. That's how I found rollers for my 66. Here are a couple vendor's: 60s 70s muscle car (4406pack), Van's Auto Salvage LLC (vansautolk). I looked at both sites this morning and they do have guides & roller assemblies. And I agree with Dako about a good cleaning and lube job.

Good luck. Rick

I have the same problem, how do you get the door panels off?

I'm going to bump this to ask a question...

On a 1962 Plymouth, do the rollers come off? I swear I tried to pull the requlators and from my limited view inside the door it looked like the rollers were staked on. Never could get the unit out of the door. I did find a rebuild kit on ebay and it shows a snap retaining washer?

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back