• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wife or car?

My first wife bitched about the time and money I spent on my car.
You love that car more than me.
Well.....
The car weighs less.
The car emits fewer emissions.
The car does what I ask from it.

Oh, This story the OP wrote is probably a "fuzzy memory" that seems real to him but was surely not what really happened.
There was another member here that recently claimed that a buddy's Aunt ordered a 2 door Satellite station wagon with a 426 Hemi in 1966.
Uhhh, no, Sir, she did not.
I hear these stories at car shows all the time.
A 2-door Satty with a 426.....:rofl::rofl:

I got lucky. My wife saw our Charger hiding about 75 yards from the road on our way back from an auction. She said turn around. I did not see the car. Pulled into the driveway and there was a guy in his garage working on his 71 Challenger. We asked if the Charger was for sale and it was. To my surprise after looking it over, the wife gave the guy 500 bucks to hold it until the next day(Monday). He did and we came back with my mechanic friend. After he went over it for a bit, the wife and I looked at him and he said to buy it. The wife pulled out the check book and we all went to the bank together and everyone was happy. Me....:bananadance:She even drove it home. This is a women that back in the day had a 72 Cuda and liked to run it on the cruising scene in high school and college........

Without going into the myriad of reasons of why this didn't happen, it was 1000% impossible to order a factory 73 Charger with a 340+6 and let alone with an altered VIN.
You are wrong. As far as the VIN, it would not be altered it was the way MOPAR actually did it when a motor that was not offered in that car was put in as a special order.

I wasn't going to comment but the whole changing of the VIN for a special ordered car would be complete misinformation.
Wrong, That is what was done when Mopar put a engine in a car that was not offered during that year. They would put a Z in the fifth code of the VIN where the engine code goes. Then you have to look at the paper work to see what engine was put in.

I wasn't going to comment but the whole changing of the VIN for a special ordered car would be complete misinformation.
Sorry you do not know about that. It is not changing a VIN. When a special order was put in with a different engine request, mopar would put a Z in the fifth digit of the VIN showing that a different engine was in that car. You would then have to look at the paperwork to see what engine was special ordered. My story is true.

I'm curious as to what a 73 Charger with "Duals" would look like? Kind of redneck sounding to me. Didn't know the factory offered that.
Forgive me if I misread but did you mean carbs or rear wheels? Wouldn't a six pack be triples? :rolleyes:
Dual exhausts. Some of us older guys simply say duals. Sorry for the confusion.

you fix stupid but you can divorce it . a good woman is hard to find i am not married now but my girlfriend is the best and yes i asked her to marry me and she told me in 10 years if we still like each other yes . the bonus of all this is she is a car person and owns a 16 car garage . and helps working on them .
family 2.jpg
top down 2.jpg

It hasnt been that bad here. When I met the wife she had a 64 Valiant 2 dr hdtp. So I knew she liked cars. 25 years go by and she traded here Valiant in for this.
7455112F-A177-490E-96B7-8C06CB2336B1.jpeg

some one elses picture above. :)
Thats about when my car days were doomed. Soo. Long story short. She really doesnt need to know what I buy or bring home. :D

prove it. show me ONE "z" as a 5 th digit designating ANY engine displacement.
you can't.
thank you, please pull forward
You just really want to be correct don't you. I did not say it said a certain engine displacement. Read my comment. I said Chrysler used it when an engine that was not available was put in and you would have to look at the paperwork to see what engine it was. Notice the Z stating SPECIAL ORDER V8 ENGINE, 1971 to
1980. Sorry your wrong. I always listen to others as they may have something to said that I do not know. If I do not believe what they say, I research. I do not disrespect them.

Engine codes.jpg

you fix stupid but you can divorce it . a good woman is hard to find i am not married now but my girlfriend is the best and yes i asked her to marry me and she told me in 10 years if we still like each other yes . the bonus of all this is she is a car person and owns a 16 car garage . and helps working on them . View attachment 924943 View attachment 924944
That is so great. Hope things continue to work great. Good luck.

this is exactly what you said smart one.
if you had just shown the paper you just posted and explained it clearly, I wouldn't have said what i said. Christ sakes man go for a walk.
Do you understand conversations? No one brings out all kinds of proof and paperwork when talking to someone. it takes up to much space. If someone has questions, then proof or information is offered. Thanks for the dis respect.

I must be almost as lucky in the wife department as Wayne @dadsbee :thumbsup:
When I snagged my A100...imported from Arkansas 11 years ago, started tearing it down to rebuild it....thought it was about time to tell my wife I had bought it. :rolleyes: She was mad for about an hour or so.....got over it pretty fast really.
Married for 28 years & together for 32. I must be doing something right. :lol: She even helped get me and the A100 decorated for the local Santa Parade last year.

:xscuseless:

upload_2020-3-21_8-25-25.png

:D

When I snagged my A100...imported from Arkansas 11 years ago, started tearing it down to rebuild it....thought it was about time to tell my wife I had bought it. :rolleyes: She was mad for about an hour or so.....got over it pretty fast really.
Married for 28 years & together for 32. I must be doing something right. :lol: She even helped get me and the A100 decorated for the local Santa Parade last year.

View attachment 925010

I always loved the A100. So cool.

Do you understand conversations? No one brings out all kinds of proof and paperwork when talking to someone. it takes up to much space. If someone has questions, then proof or information is offered. Thanks for the dis respect.
sorry, you're WRONG. a z never replaced the 5th digit in the VIN.

sorry, you're WRONG. a z never replaced the 5th digit in the VIN.
You still want to be correct. Even when i showed that a Z was used, it is still not enough proof. No one said a z replaced any digit. A Z was used when a Special Ordered Vehicle was ordered with an engine that was not on the available list for that year. The factory, IF they had the requested engine available, and they put it into a Special Ordered Vehicle, would put the Z in the fifth place on the VIN because the other letters that represented the available engines would be wrong. The magic words are Special Order. The chances you will ever see a Z would be very slim. Most special ordered vehicles did not ask for a non available engine. They asked for the car to be made in maybe the color, stripes, different interior, or something else. Please do not lose sleep being wrong.

View attachment 925010

I guess thats one way to change there behavior. Put plants and flowers in the back. Btw that looks cool.

Auto Transport Service
Back