• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will '71 Charger RT exhaust fit '73 Plymouth B-body?

rt-man

Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
Mechanic buddy has the aftermarket exhaust (Accurate or TTI) from a '71 Charger RT. Wondering if it will fit on my '73 Satellite SP? Questions are chassis length, gas tank placement, etc. I figure the headpipes wouldn't, but maybe from the mufflers back...? The '71 Charger exhaust is in VG used shape where my exhaust is a Frankenstein mash-up and a new exhaust isn't in the cards.
Thanks.

It should fit.

Head pipes would be different between small block and big block, if it has them.

Find out for sure what amke the system is. TTI has specific exhaust hangers for their systems and their site does show that the small block B-body systems work up to 79 and the big block systems to 74. Go to their website and download their catalog, it is free and has a lot of detailed info on installations and fitment issues.

That’s funny just got a complete system for my 71 charger, came off of 73 Road Runner, came out of a four-speed car though mine’s floor shift auto I’m told I’ll be good. You wanna trade? LOL

Maybe, maybe not. Depending how it's bent, it may hit the extra cross member for the T-bars that '73-up B's have. At one point I had an H-pipe meant for a '69 B-body with Hi-Po manifolds, and it basically fit, but it hit hard on the second cross member. Rather than try to bend or cut it, I sold it off.

Maybe, maybe not. Depending how it's bent, it may hit the extra cross member for the T-bars that '73-up B's have. At one point I had an H-pipe meant for a '69 B-body with Hi-Po manifolds, and it basically fit, but it hit hard on the second cross member. Rather than try to bend or cut it, I sold it off.
Dont matter for me, figured out it came off a small block car so, head pipes are in my future

Auto Transport Service
Back