• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will these fit 67" coronet?

Reamzer

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Will 255/60/15 drag radials fit on a 15x7 wheel on my 67" coronet? Do not own wheels yet so unsure of backspacing.

Will 255/60/15 drag radials fit on a 15x7 wheel on my 67" coronet? Do not own wheels yet so unsure of backspacing.
I have 275 60 15's on my 66 Coronet on 8 inch cragars with 4.0" backspacing

See the manufacturer web page under specs and note the "section width" numbers. Those numbers are with the tire mounted on the recommended rim size and width. Cut a stick to that width and see if it A. fits up in there, and B. how far up in the wheel well will it go before rubbing. Now cut a stick to the size of the tire, IE 26,27,28,29 inch and "T" the first stick in the center of one end and hold the longer stick against the axle mounting flange. Rotate up from both front and back. Slide out the long stick away from the surface where the wheel would mount until you can either rotate the thing ll the way around without hitting anything, at the desired tire location in the well, or shorten the width stick until you can do that and you will have the section width that will work for your car. Simple. Just remember to keep the rotation center point centered on the axle center as you rotate and to keep the longer stick at a 90* angle to that. As an example, my 67 Coronet has the rear leafs relocated to under the frames and now a 29x15.50x15 will fit. That's a 15" section width. Good luck.

I have 255's on an 8" wide wheel with a 4.5" BS with lots of room to spare, getting ready to put 275s on.

2017-03-08 21_04_17-Photo.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back