• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wilwood 12.19 brakes

Bigal75

Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
Anyone running these brakes with 15 inch Torque Thrust Ds? Some people say yes others no.

You need to see how much clearance is needed for the caliper in the kit you’re looking at. Then measure the caliper clearance in your wheels. Wilwoood has diagrams on their site to refer to.

Wilwood.com

Bought those discs brakes for my bird. A few weeks ago I received my steelies from summit racing. For the front I bought the 15x7 with 4.25 backspacing. On wilwood's site I didn't see the little text saying that not all the 15'' wheels will work with the 12.19 rotors. So obviously when I put the discs brakes in the rim there was a fitment issue. In order to solve that problem I just bought a spacer and now it fits perfectly.

I don't know how it will comes for the Torque Thrust but perhaps if it doesn't fit you can add a little spacer to make it fit.

Good to know. The issue being the 45 degree taper from the wheel face to the outer portion of the wheel.

Oh ok I see what you mean. Just saw your rims on the internet.
Hope it will fit for you.

Just forgot something to tell you, even if my spacer was very thin like 3/16 of an inch, I had to change my lugs for longer one. I bought them from summit racing too like the spacer.

Good luck hope someone here can help you better with that.

I found a few posts online saying that they will fit the Torque Trust wheels so maybe I should order them from Summit and worst case scenario return them if they don't fit.

Does anyone have a set they could measure from center of hub bore to inside of drum to get the caliper clearance? I have those mounted on 15x7 street lites and they barely clear

E3B8F3DF-F781-4B5B-BBF8-AE149C007508.jpeg

Those are the 12.19 brakes? What does the inside of your wheel look like? Could you measure your set up?

No issues with that inner bevel?
No not on the 15x7 with 4.5 bs 15x8 with same back space moved that step down on the inside of the drum closer to the caliper and was running but a spacer easily took care of that. I have a nice set of billet .5” spacers if you need them.

Thanks but I'm not sure if I'll need spacers yet. I do have a set of 1/4" spacers but I prefer not using them.

Auto Transport Service
Back