• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With respect to FBBO member BDF......

Jim...I loved the collection of cars you had here:

View attachment 1196639

I joined a Mopar club to do car related activities but the members rarely drive their classics. I have driven my Charger to meetings many times and am the only classic car there. I find that really sad that even in good weather, these people leave the best cars at home.

Back around 2007 a member of another Mopar website posted about a cruise over in the Redwood City area up to Alice's Restaurant & along the coast... I got seven local couples to drive their cars over to join the cruise... We had to leave pretty early & there was moderate fog through the valley portion of the drive.... When we got to Redwood City none of the locals brought their classics... Including the guy who organized the cruise... Last time we joined them...

I understand that many owners are "seasoned" citizens and that the comfort of the new cars is appealing.
I still think that if you're a member of a car club, to only drive a Hyundai to meetings and cruises is just wrong.
There are members of the club that have been "working on" some car for the entire 18 years that I have been a member but I've never seen their car on the road.

Folsom, CA:

Charger Sutter 1.JPG

I was getting some Caramel apples and peanut brittle from a sweet shop.

A common site for me:

8100 F.jpg

8100 G.jpg

Getting a burger and fries:

dee que.jpg

Here is one time I drove it to work on a construction site:

R T 8 AA.jpg

This was during a car club cruise to several wineries and the Amador Flower Farm:

R T 3A.JPG

So nice see others out enjoying there rides.
I drive mine all year round, none are fancy but driven ALLOT.

20211114_112439.jpg 20211023_103852.jpg 20211016_105928.jpg 20210803_075427.jpg

Yes they are, Junior. I see your pictures you posted in the Random Picture thread. I wish that some of your enthusiasm would spread to my town!

I made sure to sneak in a couple local Fred rides before the surgery, but I reckon I'm down for a while
now to heal. On the other hand, the usual collection of ignert redneck videos featuring Fred, the road
and the dumb things I do are still up on my YouTube channel, so there's that. :)
I don't own a trailer. Fred gets driven, often as I can manage.

I'm still casually looking to buy one. Not for "Ginger" but as Randy mentioned...For projects and other uses.

If my car was able to be driven, I’d drive it. Best I can do is start the engine and pretend I’m driving it. It hasn’t left the garage in 4 months.. For over 3 of those months most of the brake system was in CA being rebuilt. I’m not brave enough to attempt to drive a car with no brakes..

If my car was able to be driven, I’d drive it. Best I can do is start the engine and pretend I’m driving it. It hasn’t left the garage in 4 months.. For over 3 of those months most of the brake system was in CA being rebuilt. I’m not brave enough to attempt to drive a car with no brakes..

Where's your sense of adventure? Brakes are for pussies... LOL

Trailers are great to own.... For dragging home new projects & making dump runs...
No doubt; wasn't knocking them.
Of course, I'll never be able to collect "projects" - and around he-ahh, dump runs are made
with the pickup truck. :)

Where's your sense of adventure? Brakes are for pussies... LOL
Perhaps we should ALL remove the brakes from our cars.. All they do is generate parasitic drag and slow the car down, especially disc brakes. My front wheels spin so freely and with so little resistance without calipers and pads! I’d probably double my gas mileage and double my top speed if I just left the calipers and pads off the rotors.

Guess I could be a real man and try the Fred Flintstone braking technique..

When I was dating the girl that is now my wife I was still working in the Alberta oil patch, she was living in Hay River, NWT, where we now reside. This was 1993. I used to drive up to see her once a month in my ‘86 chev half ton, my first “nice” vehicle. I would leave Friday after work to make the eight hour drive.
One Friday as I’m about to leave I step on the brake pedal, and it goes to the floor. Burst a brake line. ****. Friday, no time to fix. Gotta go. Fortunately it was a four speed, so to slow down I would downshift, to stop I shut the engine off. It was white knuckle time the whole trip, 500 miles each way. I had to watch as far ahead as I could see so that I could downshift in time. Made the trip with the final three hours each way in the dark.
I look back now and shake my head. What a moron. But a lucky moron.

When I was dating the girl that is now my wife I was still working in the Alberta oil patch, she was living in Hay River, NWT, where we now reside. This was 1993. I used to drive up to see her once a month in my ‘86 chev half ton, my first “nice” vehicle. I would leave Friday after work to make the eight hour drive.
One Friday as I’m about to leave I step on the brake pedal, and it goes to the floor. Burst a brake line. ****. Friday, no time to fix. Gotta go. Fortunately it was a four speed, so to slow down I would downshift, to stop I shut the engine off. It was white knuckle time the whole trip, 500 miles each way. I had to watch as far ahead as I could see so that I could downshift in time. Made the trip with the final three hours each way in the dark.
I look back now and shake my head. What a moron. But a lucky moron.

When your young you have No Fear!!! As you get older that changes to Know Fear....

It's an old picture from around 2006. This was the last time I was able to drive it before my knees went south and had to garage it. Hopefully this coming year will be the year I can put it back on the road.

1968-conronet-convertible-09.jpg

Hey!
Thanks for the 'shout out' Greg!
I just got back from a 2 week visit to the cabin to set it up with furniture & amenities. Like a well stocked (& needed) get away place.
I have not been online because no service out there & decided to check in with FBBO and saw this at top of list!
My car is still sitting undriven while getting re-wired while I tend to other things for now.
I took my son up there to help with heavy lifing and while there we saw steelhead in the backyard creek & elk in the front yard. Going to need a TALL/STRONG fence asap...
If all works out I'll be driving the Charger up the first signs of spring.
View attachment 1196616
View attachment 1196619
Landmarks & dirt roads are all fair game!
View attachment 1196632 View attachment 1196631
Returning to cabin Tuesday for a while with my wife.
In the meantime keep on MOPARING!

View attachment 1196614
Been thru that same tree BDF6. 53 years ago,
while in the back seat of a '65 olds starfire
convertible. Avenue of the giants. Spent
my early teen years in Santa Rosa.
Great post KD....

Auto Transport Service
Back