• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW, 1978 Cordoba 400 auto T top car

gtx6970

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Im somewhat of a closet fan of the later B body cars. Would really like a Magnum.
But color and options are paramount to make me think about pulling that trigger.

Ive stumbled on too this recently. And really have no idea what something like this would bring money wise in todays market .
1978 Cordoba , 400 , auto, and factory T top car. and most importantly its in the right colors of black with red interior.
Supposedly a no rust ever car. Everything works except the ac and owner thinks it just needs recharged

I dont have any interior or underhood pics yet.

So, WIW Im looking for some range to ponder. Ive been given a price just dont know if its worth it or not

332491726_922232219112865_262689740803737287_n.jpg

332571181_573097971395542_8850913406173570161_n.jpg

332555470_1010872570317221_3954221978089554311_n.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, nice car. I could see it bringing 15,000 up to 20,000 to the right buyer.

I have a short video and it might have some paint chips or issues on the rear quarter but have asked for clarification to be sure

Love it! Looks great with the Keystones! Just remove those God-awful bumper guards.
:thumbsup:

I couldn't but clearly I ain't the right buyer... :rofl:
Agreed, But then again. Ive not really followed them very close either.

But a buddy of mine sent me a link on this one and its about as close to perfection on a later B body car I think one can get.

Ifit were a Cordoba would actually prefer a 79 and would much prefer a Magnum over them all,,,BUT,, this one cks just about all the boxes I think I could live with it.
No rust, big block, loads of options and a T top car is near perfection of a later model can get for me

The wheels Im not sold on yet , but those are easily changed in a matter of minutes

I LIKE that car!

Any interior shots?

2 or 4 barrel?

The idiosyncrasies of this site are on display here for sure, as I know that 400-4 was available.
Despite that, There valuations are usually pretty close-

1978 CHRYSLER CORDOBA 360-155hp (8cyl-2V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Htp350066001020015000

Add:
318-140hp (8cyl-2V)NC
360-170hp (8cyl-4V)5%
400-190hp (8cyl-2V)5%
Buckets w/console5%
Sunroof-pwr10%
T-roof15%
Deduct:
No air conditioning-10%
Manual windows-3%

Usually, a big block 4 barrel adds 25% on this site, but the 400-2 should have added 10 or 15%, not 5.

Out here in the rust belt, the rust free body (assuming it really is) is worth a lot. Parts availability for these cars are pretty limited, so getting one in the nicest shape possible is important if you really want one. Now in Arizona, maybe the interior has been dried out and beat up by the sun. That presents another problem.

Bottom line is if you really want one and this ticks all the boxes, maybe you should strongly consider it.

I agree with the $15k as the price of everything has gone up. 9 years ago I sold a 79 300 zero rust everything worked for $3800. I started out at $6000.
Today it would fetch the $12-15K for sure. I recently was looking at a clean 84 Dodge Diplomat with a asking price of $12K.Today I think it is a deal.
5 years ago the same car would be priced at half that.
Bottom line is if you really want one and this ticks all the boxes, maybe you should strongly consider it.
I love the 75-79 B bodies.I've had 2 over the years. Great road cars.

Thanks all.

Mid teens surprised me.

I don't have any interior or underhood pics yet. But working on it.
Car is back east so I have to figure transport costs as well. Car is actually in Georgia. So shipping it will have to be part of it. As owner is not sure if he is confident to drive home almost 2000 miles. But deep down that would be my preference.

But if it all is as described. I am seriously considering it.
I want a nice hiway driver.
And being a former owner of a T top 1979 Magnum. Albeit a 360 car. That car drove super nice. So I always had an inkling to own another one. But have not found a Magnum that clicks all the boxes like this Cordoba does.

I would actually prefer a 360 in that car a little better weight balance.
Certainly looks to be almost pristine.
They look good with a wide rear tire 8" rim minimum.
"Fine Corinthian Leather..."???

I spent a couple years looking for a T top Magnum, Cordoba, or 300 and felt lucky to finally find the Magnum I bought. I probably overpaid for it, but no regrets.
I'd say the $15,000 price several have suggested here is a pretty good ballpark number, as values have been rising and decent examples just don't come on the market very often as I found in my own experience looking. I would have snapped that car up if I could have got it for that in 2021 when I was in the market.
There was a 79 Cordoba that sold on BAT a year or so back that brought $24,000! Super low miles and well optioned, though it didn't have T tops, I don't recall that it even had a sunroof.

I found the BAT auction for the '79 I mentioned in my previous post. No Reserve: 8k-Mile 1979 Chrysler Cordoba
I remember that listing.

Good looking car.
But T tops or sunroof is mandatory for me on one of these.

And black with red interior is numero uno in regards to color combo for me.
( but am only slightly biased ).

I've requested more information on it.
So we will see how it goes.
I would like to make a decision by the weekend.

IMHO the 300 was a cooler version of the Cordoba. Here's one in Prescott owned by Don Petty for $8000. Not black but doesn't have to be shipped cross country. I might be a bit biased since I own one but they are really nice driving cars.

a 360 in that car a little better weight balance.
I agree.Performance is about the same. I wouldn't let it sway me though.
azblackhemi, I would like to contact Mr. Petty. Having a hard time finding that ad.
Edit, I found it on Prescott Craigs List. Price is $18500.00 Out of my range.

Thank you. Maybe not the same car. Hard to believe 2 79 300's in the Prescott area for sale at the same time.

Auto Transport Service
Back