• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW, 1978 Cordoba 400 auto T top car

I would prefer console. But the fact its not that ugly kinda sorta red cloth is a HUGE plus in my book. Plus it cks so many of the desire boxes I can live with it.

A later model wasn't even on my Radar until a friend of mine sent me a link for this car. Not sure I should thank him or not .

Im awaiting some better more detailed pics should have this weekend .
The owner is waiting on material to arrive to have them redone. But I'm pretty sure the seats repaired is included in the price Ive been given . So we will see
I saw the ad on Marketplace and at that price if he redoes the seats properly in leather he's almost giving the car away. Hope it turns out that way for you!

I saw the ad on Marketplace and at that price if he redoes the seats properly in leather he's almost giving the car away. Hope it turns out that way for you!
Thanks,
Time will tell I guess. At the price point IM not expecting perfection. But just want a solid , no rust driver with the air blowing cold. Ive been told the air doesnt work and he thinks needs the compressor clutch / coil maybe. Which is not a problem. I already have a line on an nos clutch/coil assy pkg in the works.

MUCH easier to swap a steering column and install a console and floor shift...

...than add T tops.

MUCH easier to swap a steering column and install a console and floor shift...

...than add T tops.
Agreed. For me to even think about one of these cars regardless of model is T tops are mandatory. Or im not interested.,,,,, at any price.
The fact its black with red interior AND T tops is another huge draw for me. So Im willing to give up on some things in order to make it happen. And the console is one of them.
Factory Big block, factory air , power windows, locks and seat are big bonus points as well.

It will make for a nice garage mate for the other keeper

20211004_153258.jpg

This is not a top dollar car, and top dollar for a square headlight cordoba is not that high.
There is a guy at the WI/UP border trying to sell a 2 door monaco(almost same car) for 12500 for 2 summers now. No one wants it.
Prices depend on region in the country. In the midwest the average price for a magnum that needs a little somthing but is pretty good is like 6500.
You square light Cordoba would be similar, t tops help and big block helps, maybe someone would try to get 7500 but it would be a OBO type of thing.
On the other hand, the price basement for a solid car that needs more then a little somthing seems to be 2500.
These cars you are much better buying a solid car then a "fixer" due to the price being good and parts being bad. (hard to find)
Again, region makes price vary.

I would hesitate to drive it, but only if it still retains it's 1978 lean burn/electronic ignition/fuel stuff. if it fails on the way home no one will know how to help you. if he swapped it then the only thing would be making sure you have fluids and that the radiator and hoses etc. is up to the challenge, or that the tires aren't from 2008.

*** a solid , no rust driver with the air blowing cold.*** Ive been told the air doesnt work and he thinks needs the compressor clutch / coil maybe. Which is not a problem. I already have a line on an nos clutch/coil assy pkg in the works.
*** exactly why I got another Cordoba.*** be careful on the AC, it could be a leak in the evap core,you know where that is. I got my AC working, so I got a cool driver in the summer. Was thinking of selling to thin the herd, since I got 2 late model hemi's, but mine's a solid, reliable original car that I could drive across country in comfort.

*** exactly why I got another Cordoba.*** be careful on the AC, it could be a leak in the evap core,you know where that is. I got my AC working, so I got a cool driver in the summer. Was thinking of selling to thin the herd, since I got 2 late model hemi's, but mine's a solid, reliable original car that I could drive across country in comfort.
selling what ?

Auto Transport Service
Back