• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woman Leaves 99 Perfectly Good Parking Spots In Search Of The 1 That's Likely Taken

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Jul 25, 2022
62df0e5715bfe62df0e5715bff.jpg

RENO, NV — Local woman Catherine Mayfield displayed her Christlike love for all parking spaces by driving past the other 99 perfectly good spots in search of the one closer to the front that is most likely already taken.

"When others enter the Target parking lot they will just go for the first reasonable spot they see, and give up on trying to find that 1 little spot at the front," said Catherine Mayfield. "But not me, I leave the 99 behind and I never stop searching — even if I have to drive up and down every lane at a painstakingly slow stop-and-go speed!"

According to sources, Catherine's husband Marcus claims that she spends far more time searching for the perfect spot than she would if she just went for a normal spot halfway down the parking lot. Catherine responded by saying that she is not content to settle for anything less until that lone parking space that is precious in her sight is found. "I am not willing that one of these little spaces should be neglected," she said.

At publishing time, Catherine at last found the perfect spot that just so happened to be closest to the entrance, but it turned out to be a handicapped parking spot forcing Catherine to circle around again and continue her search.

Haha sounds like my missus. I've got her to stop and I've gotten out of the car on more than one occasion, just drives me nuts! She then meets me in the shops about 15 minutes later. Very efficient.

lol, when I had to take my mother grocery shopping in her last years, she had a handi-tag so it was close parking. It was hard to get used to parking close though, always one to park out a ways to give me some walking time and when taking my old ride, it's way out away from other cars. Be danged if someone would park near it anyway! Then...there are guys, usually in newer vette's, who park close BUT take up TWO spots so their doors don't get dinged. Grrr..

I make one pass and then, to the safest spot in the parking lot. I'll walk to miles before I park between two **** boxes in a tight parking lot. The best parking lot in the world is Costco. Double lines on each side making it easy to get in and out of your car.

I don't drive up and down all day looking but I do like a spot close or next to the cart racks.

I always park out where it opens up. Saves on dings...saves on time 'searching' for closeness...does the 'ticker and legs some good to walk a few extra steps.

I get a kick out of the person who pulled into the lot, just ahead of me...and is still searching as I walk into the building.

I get a kick out of the person who pulled into the lot, just ahead of me...and is still searching as I walk into the building.
Like the person that blasts buy you and you pull up next to him at the next light. LMAO

And Catherine is the1st person to bitch about gas prices!!! Hey "KAREN"!! Park far out, less chance of car getting hit, lower chance of hitting little child when you back out because you REFUSE to BACK into spot & whine about front end damage due to pulling INTO said parking spot and hitting concrete stop. As @Dako said, walking good for legs & ticker, SAVES ON GYM MEMBERSHIP FEES.

Like the person that blasts buy you and you pull up next to him at the next light. LMAO
They know you're thinking dipshit too waiting at the light..

I make a point of parking near the rear of the lot where the cars are more more thinly spaced.

Especially if I'm driving a classic.

It's also easier to find a shady spot near the back.

...and it's less offensive to take 2-3 spots if driving an old car that's never had body work.

Jul 25, 2022
View attachment 1318818

RENO, NV — Local woman Catherine Mayfield displayed her Christlike love for all parking spaces by driving past the other 99 perfectly good spots in search of the one closer to the front that is most likely already taken.

"When others enter the Target parking lot they will just go for the first reasonable spot they see, and give up on trying to find that 1 little spot at the front," said Catherine Mayfield. "But not me, I leave the 99 behind and I never stop searching — even if I have to drive up and down every lane at a painstakingly slow stop-and-go speed!"

According to sources, Catherine's husband Marcus claims that she spends far more time searching for the perfect spot than she would if she just went for a normal spot halfway down the parking lot. Catherine responded by saying that she is not content to settle for anything less until that lone parking space that is precious in her sight is found. "I am not willing that one of these little spaces should be neglected," she said.

At publishing time, Catherine at last found the perfect spot that just so happened to be closest to the entrance, but it turned out to be a handicapped parking spot forcing Catherine to circle around again and continue her search.
Smiley 10,000 pages the book on understanding women.jpg

Saw a fat woman sitting in the 2nd closest aisle, waiting for someone loading their car, at Costco. Walked past, got in line, got my hotdog and a slice, walked out to the edge of the lot where I parked my truck....., and she was STILL waiting for that spot, even though there were five open spaces in the next row away from the store.
Bet she buys an ice cream sundae, and a diet coke. And complains about her weight.

Love the woman who picks up her dog and leaves in a hurry.

Other than the handicap spots, it seems like every woman looking for a close-in spot could use a ten mile walk.
Well, maybe they ARE getting their ten mile walk, inside the store. Have you seen how women shop?!?

why is it? I always park with no others cars around me, far from the entrance to any store. When I return, there's always another car next to my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back