• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Words you haven't heard in a long time...?

View attachment 1409668

I also haven't hear Layla in a while. Not since a girl friend named her dog that on my suggestion.

The Breeches Bible
Have been thinking about bellbottoms lately.....every time I fight the dang boot cut jeans off of my arse. I got to thinking that I just stepped on one flare with the other foot to easily slide my leg out. Harder to do that with the slim cut bottoms.

Road humps.....hot topic in these parts. City of Houston is ruining a bunch of good neighborhood roads these days with some really nasty 'humps'. Sign says caution, road humps 20 mph but 15 is too fast for a 3/4 ton pickup trying to go over the bastards they are installing. In Pasadena a fireman was killed when the driver of the engine didn't see one and it bounced one of the fire fighters off the back of the engine and didn't install any humps for years but they are starting up again. Lots of us on the street I live on are up in age and don't want to have a slow and bumpy ambulance ride to the hospital.

*** gasket

Brought to us by the AIDS epidemic.
Toilet seat covers.

I remember several at work talking about not having access to *** gaskets at work when the AIDS crap hit the U.S.

This is a “current event subject” as the blood donation organization now will accept blood from those with AIDS carriers per their rules. Also the great state of Illinois recently removed criminal charges that could have been used when an AIDS carrier infected another person without disclosing they were HIV positive.

Now back to the fun of “not often heard words”. DUMFUNGLED

corduroy pants. Haven't seen them since the 1970's and now it seems they are coming back?

*** gasket

Brought to us by the AIDS epidemic.
Toilet seat covers.
X83-sGT&tn=ssAidKlo6mRJet-P&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.jpg

Corfam (shoes).
COR-TEN (steel)
Naugahyde (artificial leather)

"That's all she wrote"?
The origin of this expression is that it is the punch line of a mournful tale about an American GI serving overseas in WWII. The said sad serviceman is supposed to have received a letter from his sweetheart. He reads it to his colleagues: "Dear John". Well, go on, they say. "That's it; that's all she wrote".

Auto Transport Service
Back