• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

working on 71 superbee.

Oups I don't really know what is "brush on type", but I guess I used the normal one ^^ lol
It is some basic black seam sealer. On it, it is said that this product is for boats and cars.

And I just find out what brush type is! ^^ so now I'm sure that I don't use a brush one. I'm not sure yet but I'm thinking to put some brush seam sealer on the roof gutter. Will see that not sure yet.

yea some places hard to reach would be great to use brush on
but i dont know if quality is same as tube

Question. Im working on passenger side door i took the skin off to get inside to deal with rust etc.

Should I seal the inside of the door skin with any type of undercoating or sound type sealent? The tar looking stuff. Looks like factory had some type of undercoating or something. Not sure if I should only paint it and thats it? Id like to limit sound from outside as much as possible of course.

I saw some guys put some dynamat inside door panel, or lizard skin, you can whatever you want I guess to match what you are expecting.
You can put some sound deadening stuff in it.

I put some rust stopper then apply a thick coat of a kind of a metal protector with a brush, then I will probably put some sound deadening in it but know yet what kind.

im thinking of applying undercoating then yea something similar to dynamat under the door panel for extra sound deadening and insulation it has silver on both sides of it

i forget what its called comes in a roll

finally got my parts to continue other items been finishing up my dash and steering column and console

one side if quarter window is installed (regulator) now just to finish passenger side and weld quarters on and everything else then onto prime/bondo

20170223_133930.jpg 20170222_153826.jpg 20170223_133937.jpg

20170223_122411.jpg
Nice looking console did it look like this before starting? This is one extra I have in storage. You're picture makes me want to fix it for sale.

lol yea mine was like that. def fix it i think they worth decent money

i did semi gloss black there but i gonna do matte black instead

looks like armor-all on semi gloss.

ill take a picture with matte black once done. itll match the paint on my dash pad

Thanks for the info, I think I'll hang on to it. I know year one has the wood grain sticker. Z-Man.

detroit muscle has the wood grain and i think it would be cheaper there

i found year one pretty expensive for many items

After many months started to weld everything back together

P_20170328_153703_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170328_153713_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Looking good! On those qtr windows, does the glass set in a U shaped channel? If so, get some glass setting tape. Same stuff used to hold vent windows to their pivoting base.
The door jnteriors were sprayed with the same stuff used inside the trunk on the quarters. Water does get into the door and will drain out the weep holes. When I finished my doors, I poured some Rustbullet into the pinch seam where the skin meets the frame. I got the idea because I spilled some on my floor pan and it sealed a weld seam and was hard as a rock.

Man I commend you on your fab work...Great Job!

Looking good! On those qtr windows, does the glass set in a U shaped channel? If so, get some glass setting tape. Same stuff used to hold vent windows to their pivoting base.
The door jnteriors were sprayed with the same stuff used inside the trunk on the quarters. Water does get into the door and will drain out the weep holes. When I finished my doors, I poured some Rustbullet into the pinch seam where the skin meets the frame. I got the idea because I spilled some on my floor pan and it sealed a weld seam and was hard as a rock.
fromth
Do you mean butyl tape? i thought they used that for the quarter windows. i had hell of time removing the glass from the channel

if thats what you mean do you suggest i put butyl tape where the pinch welds are? i seperated the skin from the door due to rust to clean it up and will be sand blasting inside. i was thinking of spraying undercoat inside as it looks like thats what came from the factory as well

for the passenger door i will pour some rust stuff as well as i will not be taking that door apart its pretty solid

getting there. pretty close to primer.

was looking for driver door but theyre pretty expensive to fixing mine. test fitting the bottom portion.

also fixing the trunk then time for primer. everything else welded on.

P_20170517_155505_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170517_155459_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20170517_155447_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back