• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Workplace Pranks

We had a new foreman start on our job. He was kind of a dick to me every day talking about me going to be in the unemployment line.. He would say that **** every day. So I went and took some HVAC Zip ties and wrapped one around the driveshaft of his dodge ram. It was just long enough to tap the under side of his cab. He came in a few days later talking about someone owed him 2000 dollars for a new rearend. Same guy kept on and on with that UE **** we were all standing around the fire barrel at work getting warmed up. I got sick of hearing the same old **** from him. Im 5 foot 6 hes like 6-2 I walk away and come up behind him and put my shoulder behind his knees and grab his ankles and pull his feet out from under him.He did a belly flop right in front of the entire crew. He had his hands in his pockets so hit face first in the thawed mud. Everyone was rolling laughing. He gets up and starts chasing me. He says If I catch you I'm going to beat your ***. I just kept trucking it and said "its a big *** jobsite good luck" I'm surprised I didn't get fired for that.

I have lots of these stories... LOL

I didn't read them all...but we just put anti seize under the tool box drawer handles..

Live for this stuff! High voltage splicer by trade. Getting the helpers to bring the wire stretcher was always a good one. We had this new chick that I told to go get wire stretcher.she went to every crew on the jobsite looking for one everybody played along lol. Silicone grease is a great one too. Usually put under all the door handles, box handles, steering wheel, keys, wheel chucks, ropes etc almost everything! Another good one is orange ribbon roll gets tied under truck and whole roll set somewhere where it’s gonna fall off. Pretty funny seeing a truck driving with 100’ orange streamers!

Ford used those inertia fuel pump switches, you reach in on the passenger side kick panel on trucks or driver side panel behind the seat on suvs give it a good thump with your hand and listen for the little pendulum to drop and walk away and wait.. Then it was game over ! Never seize under the door handle , drive shaft zip ties, pop the gear shift cable of the trans on pick ups, pull valve stems, flip lic. Plates upside down on the rear, fill tool boxes full of bulk grease, ex lax in the brownies because some dumb as like to eat your lunch, poke holes in soda/ beer cans just a little below the line so your lip won’t cover it when you drink, swap the dip spit bottle for someone else’s coke..

Last edited:
Back in the day when I worked construction we would wait for the plumber to look away for a second after installing the toilet and we would toss an O’Henry bar in.
I was the plumber (foreman) on a school job and found a real turd in a new, without a flush valve yet, water closet in the principal's office restroom. The damn drywallers used to piss in my new mop sinks too.
Mike

FCE3B85D-7B80-4E1B-A3BA-D7F83025C8D0.jpeg
EB2C304B-15AB-4085-9CDD-BA97A9196082.jpeg

My buddy Dean is a welder... He started out as a carpenter but after a few times cutting the board to short he realized if you cut steel to short you can weld it back together...
Have you tried using dowel rod for wood repair?
Mike

When I started my career with the "phone" Company, we were hired on as Temp Workers, to cover time off for Regulars. It took about 4yrs for us to get hired permanently, and we covered a large section of WNY. When we finally were made permanent, we were transferred to several different Garages in the Area. I went out, and bought some larger Rubber Snakes, and "placed" them in some of the Main Control Cabinets, right about mid to chest level, so they would be Right in your view, upon opening the doors. I'm sure that raised some heart rates...

Working at a Plymouth dealership, I was putting a new dual exhaust on my Satellite. When i wasn't looking, someone sprayed a whole shitload of spray lube into my pipes. I never saw so much smoke in my life. I was rather amused by this and adopted it my own. I later worked at an auto parts store, and I made it a daily chore to oil the exhaust pipes in stock. My coworker liked to put bb s in the mufflers as well.

This was funny if your not Ted....

At the packing house I spent years at we had a nice guy (Jerry) who worked on the 2nd shift cleaning crew.
Jerry was a little slow witted but a very nice guy. Part of his duties was trash collection. Ted was a maintenance worker and just a dick in general. For some reason only known to Ted he began kicking trash cans at shifts end . This would scatter paper towels ect up and down the hall way.
Jerry would just shrug his shoulders and start picking them up.
After a few days of this crap me and a buddy picked a 100lb weight out of the scale repair room and placed in aprox the second trash can in the hall, covered the weight with trash.
Teddy stopped kicking the cans after that.
Jerry just smiled.

Later in my career I worked the parts counter if a Dodge dealership. Everyday I had a can of cola at lunch. My boss, put a pin hole under the opening so cola would run down my shirt. This prompted a reaction. Everyday he would sent me to Dunkin for coffee. Well his coffee had something extra beside cream and sugar... I emptied 3 ketchup packages which sank to the bottom of the cup. That last shot was quite a surprise for him that day! He was quite impressed with that one. It was only the beginning of our our antics!

Same dodge dealership, I would leave "notes" randomly placed around the parts department with all kinds of crazy **** written on them. Took YEARS for them all to be found!

Had a customer that would come for a price quote. He would take the quote with the part number and then shop around at our competitors for a better deal. Happened many times. This wasted time that could have been used to support our techs. Well one day I changed the part number. The competitors policy was no return on special order parts. Needless to say, I no longer had to do quotes for that guy!

The dodge dealers owners grandson LOVED to call the dealership and have customers "paged". One of the customers was Mike Hunt!

I also loved to call the 1-876 numbers found in the back of **** mags and then transfer the call to Sales or to the ladies in the front office. The numbers were for both sides of the fence, if ya know what I mean. Someone slipped "another side" magazine in the stash. (Another prank)

Last edited:
Had a real pecker head boss who went to the head like clock work. Unrolled the toilet paper and rubbed in rock wool insulation real good then rolled it neatly back up. Set his *** on fire for days. Really nice guy after that.
Another dick head would spend his lunch time chatting with his ho girlfriend while eating. So Friday was sub day and he always got a cheesesteak with extra cheese and fried onions. I chopped up a bunch of those tan rubber bands and added them to his sub. He chewed and chewed. At one point he pulled out a piece and looked at it and just popped it back into his mouth. About 3/4 through he figured it out.
We added 3m industrial double sided tape to a guys office door. He was always slamming the door for dramatic effect. Well this time it stuck and we couldn't get it opened. We had to use paint thinner and razor blades to get it opened. Took us over an hour. Ruined the nice clear stained finished on the wood fire door.
Had a guy come to work in his wife car so at lunch time went to the store and got the biggest pair of granny panties we could get. We even added a skid mark! We put in the glove box with just a corner hanging out. His wife found them and damn near kicked his ***. We had to call her and tell her about the gig.
The good old days, can't do anything these days.

I work in CAD Design. When I still did manual Drafting, we had our own way of messing with newbies or annoying folks. Sending new guys for the "Mylar Stretcher" or telling them to get you a box of "Arrow Heads". When we moved to CAD, tricks for the annoying folks were to switch the mouse speed and sensitivity and change it from RH to LH. When we worked on UNIX stations you could send anonymous messages to any CAD station, so I would send "FATAL ERROR, log off immediately" and "Do Not Save your file". As a Lead I could log into another's ID and send KILL instructions to any process. Once I took a small piece of fish and struck it inside one guys desk phone handset mouthpiece and he kept asking us if "Do you guys smell anything funny?" Just to name a few...

As you may be aware I paint gov’t buildings. Back when young people weren’t idiots they would give me quality summer students to help.
One was particularly smart, hard working, and shared my biting sense of humour. We got along great, had laughs all day long.
Our parking lot is laid out so that you see and enter the drivers side of your vehicle. So this guy gets green painters masking tape and writes “I like boys” in foot tall letters on the other side of my white truck. I drove around like that for a day and a half before I noticed it.
I have to grudgingly admit that it was pretty funny.

Last edited:
Now we all would get fired.. for having fun.
:lol:

Another fun thing to do was since a lot of 80's thru 90's Dodge Minivan Keys would work on a lot of other Dodge Minivan Doors (not the ignition) was to go into a buddies Minivan and turn the Windshield Wipers on high speed and Radio volume way up and watch the shock on his face when he started it to leave for the day.

I have messed with buddies cars....
Rocks in the hubcap.
Rearranging the spark plug wire placement on the distributor.
Oh yes! One of my foremen put 3 big zipties on my driveline. I was driving around asking myself what in hell that noise could be...He got his (company truck) brake switch jumpered to trigger the horn relay as a thank-you:D

Live for this stuff! High voltage splicer by trade. Getting the helpers to bring the wire stretcher was always a good one. We had this new chick that I told to go get wire stretcher.she went to every crew on the jobsite looking for one everybody played along lol. Silicone grease is a great one too. Usually put under all the door handles, box handles, steering wheel, keys, wheel chucks, ropes etc almost everything! Another good one is orange ribbon roll gets tied under truck and whole roll set somewhere where it’s gonna fall off. Pretty funny seeing a truck driving with 100’ orange streamers!
Ahhh the good 'ol wire stretcher!

Thanks for the morning giggle everyone! Good stuff!

Auto Transport Service
Back