• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you buy it?

I don't even like that body style and i would buy that.... i paid 9600 for mine and its a POS in comparison..

This could be like that part you see at a swap meet and kind of wanted, but decided to think about it first. By the time you change your mind and go back to buy it, it is gone. Somebody beat you to it. This happened to me about a hundred years ago, involving a very complete 1937 Lincoln Zephyr 3-window coupe. I called to say I would take it, only to learn it was sold. I have always regretted that I waited. This taught me a very valuable lesson.

Wow, lots of input on this. Great feedback guys, thanks. I just sold a 73 Charger and looking for something else to work on/play with for a while. I know how easily parts can add up to thousands in no time. We used to be able to refresh an engine for $1500, now it will be almost double that just in parts and machine work.

My idea for this one, put an engine and trans in it, I have a 383 and a 727, both need rebuilt. Re fresh the interior, seat covers, door panels, whatever it needs to be 100%. Refresh the mechanicals, suspension, steering, brakes, and get the AC working. Replace the vinyl top, then polish out the paint and leave the desert patina. I need to take a good look at the car first. If I think this can be done for well under $20,000 (not including labor) I might be interested. But, even as nice as the body is, this most likely is one of those cars that cant be brought back, and come out even $$ wise, at any price. In the condition I describe, patina'd, it would be a $12000 to $15000 car. Spend another $8000 to $10000 on paint and it is a $25000 car. My guess is, sadly, the numbers wont add up. I would love to save that car, but not at a loss.

Will the K frame need to be changed to go from small block to big block?

actual "rust free" puts you 15-20K ahead

and not being a GTX makes it a perfect blank canvas

It's the most complete roller I have seen in a while. There are thousands of dollars in parts you don't have to buy.
I defer to your expertise, sir - and respect your opinion on this.
That said, there seems to be some rather gaping holes where other parts should be and still others
that will need replaced before we ever start speaking about refinishing anything.
It ain't a pig - but it's sure on the way to a silk purse.

another thing......... we seem to forget we are in our own little bubble

the pool of interested buyers is extremely small, and most of them are right here on FBBO......

that car will sit until he decides to have a half price sale....... the reality is it's a 3500 dollar car

without 2 willing bidders, it's a buyers market

Last edited:
Thing is, if you want a car cause you like the car and will enjoy it, buy it.... if you are buying it as an investment.. don't and let someone else buy it :)

Those quarters and door shells could be worth almost $3500. I know what I would do, buy it, buff paint, slam in a real Hemi and drive the heck out of it. Probably have to spring for seat skins and a carpet. Thank gosh it isn't a 69 Charger the price would be $2 million dollars.

Those quarters and door shells could be worth almost $3500. I know what I would do, buy it, buff paint, slam in a real Hemi and drive the heck out of it. Probably have to spring for seat skins and a carpet. Thank gosh it isn't a 69 Charger the price would be $2 million dollars.
In michigan that body would be 12-15k easily.. i hate you guys that have clean stuff laying around like it's nothing :)

Exactly. AMD probably won't stock the panels to fix these in the future, let alone the cost of those parts and the welding and grinding to install them.
This is a great body style, if I was home right now I probably would have poached this thing from him yesterday. It would be easy to have this thing running in a month or two at the most. Cruise it this season and get tons of people bugging you about it everywhere you drove it. I would do a Hemi but there are still the odd 4 door, rusty C-bodies laying around for a complete eng/trans assy too. I've got all the pulleys/brackets/manifolds to complete a swap and so do a lot of other Mopar guys.

Thing is, if you want a car cause you like the car and will enjoy it, buy it.... if you are buying it as an investment.. don't and let someone else buy it :)
I agree with this philosophy 100%. Having said that…if the interior is all there ( hard to really tell from the pictures)
I think it’s a good price especially in today’s market For a dry western car. Especially if you can manage the work on it yourself.

I agree with this philosophy 100%. Having said that…if the interior is all there ( hard to really tell from the pictures)
I think it’s a good price especially in today’s market For a dry western car. Especially if you can manage the work on it yourself.

I'm just pissed that it's a car you can buy parts for... wish i had known 62's are such bastards before i got mine :( $2k to recover the seats (a friend is doing it instead) and pretty much can't buy any parts.. if i break the windshield that car is done

If it was a 68-70 Charger someone would be asking $50k for it.
From that perspective, it's cheap.
Those year Chargers have become something of their own. Meaning they’re not just Mopars. I know Chevy and Ford guys looking for one.

Those year Chargers have become something of their own. Meaning they’re not just Mopars. I know Chevy and Ford guys looking for one.
I had a fella call just the other evening asking about mine. He's is a everything kind of guy from what I understand.

I had a fella call just the other evening asking about mine. He's is a everything kind of guy from what I understand.
I'm an everything guy myself... except pontiac.... NEVER... and pontiac people are just weird

Auto Transport Service
Back