• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

I have some more warm weather coming in October to paint this car. Will be getting the doors and hoods primed by then and be ready to shoot.

Last edited:
Got the 971 pan and cleaned it up. It's a little banged up and needs a new drain plug. I'll have to bang out the rail back to flat. So far got the crap off of it and the old paint. Will start straightening it tomorrow.
The trunk lid sat around here so long getting crap tossed on top of it that the primer got all marked and scratched up. So I sanded all of the paint off of it again and primed it. The gas filler hose/ gas lift mount pass through pipes are now BOTH drilled through the mounts. I got new heavier pipes this morning. Wont be welding them on. They will just pass through the holes.
Last coat of primer is sanded down and minor filler almost ready for the next coat.

20211009_123036.jpg
20211009_123038.jpg
20211009_123049.jpg
20211009_132348.jpg
20211009_132359.jpg
20211009_132403.jpg
20211009_132411.jpg

Any advice on how to bang it back square on the bottom, or should I just leave it?

I just read through the better part of all 77 pages of this post. Ghostrider, you have done an amazing amount of work and it is really coming together. Nice work on that. I wish I had your drive and skill. One other thing that caught my attention is that it does not appear you have a big fancy shop with fancy tools. You appear to be a guy that is using what he has in order to get it done. Looking forward to seeing this come together the rest of the way. Nice work.

I just read through the better part of all 77 pages of this post. Ghostrider, you have done an amazing amount of work and it is really coming together. Nice work on that. I wish I had your drive and skill. One other thing that caught my attention is that it does not appear you have a big fancy shop with fancy tools. You appear to be a guy that is using what he has in order to get it done. Looking forward to seeing this come together the rest of the way. Nice work.
Wow! Thank you sir. You're right, i'm just a regular guy with a single car garage and an understanding wife...lol. When I get ready to put the engine in the car I'll use the back hoe bucket and a chain to pick it up....lol.

Back hoe bucket?? I take back what I said :) Only fancy people have a back hoe. The rest of us just have a bunch of leftover 2X4's and some drywall screws to build an engine hoist :) Of course, I am kidding. I would love to have a back hoe.

Back hoe bucket?? I take back what I said :) Only fancy people have a back hoe. The rest of us just have a bunch of leftover 2X4's and some drywall screws to build an engine hoist :) Of course, I am kidding. I would love to have a back hoe.
Well...to be clear it's half of a back hoe. it's a towable one that you have to tow into place near the work and then jink it around hydraulically to do the work....lol. tiny thing. BUT, it will lift the big block and the controls are fine enough to not bang up the car lowering it in place.

Auto Transport Service
Back