• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes, they are still out there waiting to be discovered!

Drove by a barn/garage yesterday that I've driven by hundreds of times.

This time there was a tractor and a dusty yellow 64-66 mustang sitting out side that had just been pulled out.

So, yep, they are still out there.

We have been driving the wheels off it since it was finished. Still looking for any history prior to 1979. If anybody remembers a QQ1 blue hemi car or guy named Skip that raced at Fremont, please let me know. Also looking for the long lost engine. Anyone have a hemi block stamped with a VIN ending in 051? Even if it's damaged, it would still be nice to have with the car. Thanks
Fpic.JPG

64 Plymouth Savoy aluminum front end Max Wedge 4 speed. Been sitting 40 years waiting to be restored.......

IMG_2701.jpg

Love this build! Probably one of the coolest I've seen for a long time!

You say you're from Prineville, do you know Rick Becerra? He's going to be doing a lot of work to my 426 SW '65 Satellite here in about a year or two.

Love this build! Probably one of the coolest I've seen for a long time!

You say you're from Prineville, do you know Rick Becerra? He's going to be doing a lot of work to my 426 SW '65 Satellite here in about a year or two.

Thank you. Rick's a great guy. I have known him for a long time, very meticulous about his work. He has done some stuff for me over the years. Give me a holler when you get to Prineville and come by for a beer or a soda or glass of milk.

Beer it is! I definitely will! We have been family friends with Rick and Colleen for a long time! I'll shoot you a message when we go next. Would love to check out your car!

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything about the GTX. I have put about 1200 miles on it and had it tuned to run pretty good with the 950 Holley on the Indy intake. It just never looked right to me with a single carb. Collected up a KB marine intake and set of chrome valve covers over the last few years. I installed a pair of new 650 AVS2 carbs with straight linkage, so far I've only changed the step up springs based on manifold vacuum. No jet changes yet and kept the same 32 degrees of total timing. Plugs are running dark brown so a little more tuning is needed but it feels like it pulls harder and has crisper throttle response with the dual carbs.

KIMG2757.JPG

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything about the GTX. I have put about 1200 miles on it and had it tuned to run pretty good with the 950 Holley on the Indy intake. It just never looked right to me with a single carb. Collected up a KB marine intake and set of chrome valve covers over the last few years. I installed a pair of new 650 AVS2 carbs with straight linkage, so far I've only changed the step up springs based on manifold vacuum. No jet changes yet and kept the same 32 degrees of total timing. Plugs are running dark brown so a little more tuning is needed but it feels like it pulls harder and has crisper throttle response with the dual carbs.

View attachment 1340894
Awesome, Your GTX is bad ***!

I bought my GTX about the same time yours showed up in hot rod, and really inspired my build. I love the 70s/80s street machines.

View attachment 1341399

Sweet car! I'm a child of the '70's/80's and agree, I graduated in '81 and drove a '70 440 6brl 4 speed Road Runner to high school that I bought in '79 for $650. That was a great time to be part of the cruising/street racing era.

Sweet car! I'm a child of the '70's/80's and agree, I graduated in '81 and drove a '70 440 6brl 4 speed Road Runner to high school that I bought in '79 for $650. That was a great time to be part of the cruising/street racing era.
I also graduated in '81 and drove a '70 GTX with the exact same drivetrain as your RR, but mine came out of a '69 RR. My car was originally a 4bbl car and had an Air Grabber - possibly the coolest hood of all time.

Auto Transport Service
Back