• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You dont see these everyday

WP29440SE

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
thoughts on this ?

1969 DODGE CHARGER - $19000

RARE-1969 Slant 6 Charger, 4 SALE! It had a full bare metal restoration to build sheet specs., nothing spared, on a rust free Texas car. All numbers matching, 3 speed manual on column, was featured in Mopars Collectors Guide Magazine Sept., 2008. Runs perfect, Stunning B-3 light blue paint outside, all new B-7 dark blue inside. Build sheet, rare options..."W21"-Road Wheels-Magnum 500, "S13" Heavy Duty Suspension, "M85" Tall bumper guards. 4K miles since restoration in 2002. 20 m.p.g. 1 of 262 made out of 70,000 Chargers built in 1969. In the Chrysler Registry, car #5 of 5 known, 1969 Chargers with a slant 6. The only one registered with a 3 speed. Verified by Galen Govier. Rarer than a Hemi or Daytona Car. You may never see another Slant 6 Charger, very rare. Won many trophies at car shows. Always garaged.
Pictures available to real buyers by e-mail, car in Western Slope area of Colorado. $19,000/ offer.

VIEW PICTURES ON: http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1969_Dodge_Charger_157508083_1

Attachments

• slant69.jpg
    slant69.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 570
/6 explains why it was always garaged. Nice looking car, but I bet it's boring as hell to drive.

Yep it may be rare 1 of 5, or even more rare than the Hemi or Wing cars, "but who wants a slant-6, 69 Charger" ??, there's a damn good reason why they're very rare, nobody wanted them... MHOA, looks like a nice car but for a little more $$, you could have a 383 or 440 car...

definitely an oddball. one time we had seen a slant powered 68 charger in a yard, my buddy and i thought some idiot stuck it in there to get good gas mileage . i dont know how the body had gotten so beat up, im sure it didnt have enough power to get out of its own way.

ok...ill say it..................RIP THAT LEANING TOWER OF POWER OUTTA THERE AND SLAMM A HEMI OR A 440 IN IT!

^ I'm with the dog on that. First thing I'd do is a motor swap and send Galen a photo of the improvement. :D

i was kind of shocked it wasnt wearing a 55,000 dollar price tag. at least its at a half decent price even for a 6 banger 69 charger. it could have been worse having gotten a giant 01 on the door LOL

What's up with the glass?

Tinted door glass but rest is not?
I'd say a fair number for a nice car (in need of a transplant)but I get the feeling everything is not as it appears.

Tinted door glass but rest is not?
I'd say a fair number for a nice car (in need of a transplant)but I get the feeling everything is not as it appears.

Explains the driver doesn't want to be seen especially after losing with that 6 banger. LOL. But it is a really nice Charger and I'll most likely put a 440 I have or Hemi in there if I had one.

I think it's cool and I'd leave it alone. I have enough fast cars to drive if I get the urge.

You could always do a Super Six or Hyper-Pak with it (my first car was a '79 Aspen with Super Six, it gave it enough extra power to make a nice cruiser)

- - - Updated - - -

Hyper-Pak would probably require a different hood for clearance though, and parts are hard to come by (and pricey too)

You could always do a Super Six or Hyper-Pak with it (my first car was a '79 Aspen with Super Six, it gave it enough extra power to make a nice cruiser)

- - - Updated - - -

Hyper-Pak would probably require a different hood for clearance though, and parts are hard to come by (and pricey too)

Hyper Pak would be cool! And it's all bolt on so can disappear without a trace.

I remember the MCG stroy. beautiful car, but that slanty would be under ther bench.
a buddy of mine found a '68 Charger with a slant 6 a few years back, rotting away. guy refused to sell.

It was born that way, it should stay that way!!!! Still a beautiful Charger!!!!!

I like that one, you can have the best of both worlds, the looks and the gas mileage! My brother in law has a beautiful Malibu blue 71 Cuda and is known for the nick name in his town as the 6 cylinder guy, honestly, thats what they call him. I told him, only because ive seen it first hand, that he shouldn't get upset about it, while the rest of them are sitting looking at there cars with the big engines, hes out cruising all the streets having fun because hes not putting all his money into the pumps..

It was born that way, it should stay that way!!!! Still a beautiful Charger!!!!!

i'd be all over it if i was looking for a charger right now...
aww crap, i feel a rant coming on...just my opinion, and it sure didn't used to be...
i used to start tearing parts off i didn't need so i could install the "right" parts as soon as i would get a new, to me, car. all original 340 darts, a 71' 383 4 speed super bee, my first mopar (a 73' challenger, 318, rally package, auto with a slap stick), and a few others that were just passing through. i could look at it as i've done my part to help the prices of the survivors that are left, but thinking about it now, it just makes me sad i f'd up a lot of nice cars. i could just as easily used something that was already molested. so if your going to molest something that's way original, at least keep the parts with the car and don't tub it or add a cage. find something that's already been rode hard.
thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back