• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys have it made with these huge shops & garages.

I've recently fell back in love with the home shop and I am pumped.....so I had to find a thread to post in

spent the last several weekends cleaning in and around....got rid of everyone else's sh#t and a lot of my own clutter..... its been a few years; things happen, life changes, money comes and money goes.... I cant believe I let it go for so long....... but im ready to get busy, got cars to build...... feels good.... this site is a great motivator! :headbang:

ps..... excuse the residual mess.... still cleaning

shop_zps7e98c656.jpg

this pic is from 2007...... ahhh, the good old days!

lawnorniments3.jpg

I've recently fell back in love with the home shop and I am pumped.....so I had to find a thread to post in

spent the last several weekends cleaning in and around....got rid of everyone else's sh#t and a lot of my own clutter..... its been a few years; things happen, life changes, money comes and money goes.... I cant believe I let it go for so long....... but im ready to get busy, got cars to build...... feels good.... this site is a great motivator! :headbang:

ps..... excuse the residual mess.... still cleaning

shop_zps7e98c656.jpg

this pic is from 2007...... ahhh, the good old days!

lawnorniments3.jpg

Is that a Rebel next to the AMX? Looks clean...

had a 1 car for the last 7 years and this year upgraded to a 2.5...its amazing how you fill it in a matter of seconds and I didn't buy anything else!

had a 1 car for the last 7 years and this year upgraded to a 2.5...its amazing how you fill it in a matter of seconds and I didn't buy anything else!

I think it reproduces and expands to fill the entire area . . . that's got to be the answer ? ? ? ( smile )

Is that a Rebel next to the AMX? Looks clean...

yep..... still have it......

just picked up a 2 post lift....... there is another sliding door on the back side of the shop........ gonna pour a pad for the lift and put a carport over it...... I'm on a mission from God :icon_salut:

yep..... still have it......

just picked up a 2 post lift....... there is another sliding door on the back side of the shop........ gonna pour a pad for the lift and put a carport over it...... I'm on a mission from God :icon_salut:

So, I may be calling again. I see you have too much spare time on your hands :)

2 1/2 car garage! I'd kill for a 2 1/2 car garage. My 1 1/2 is as packed as yours. It's amazing how organized we can be when we have to haha,

TailPanelPatch_L_End_12.jpg

Wow you did a great job organizing can you come over and do mine Lol like gdrill said the bigger the more you stuff in I can not walk around my car is in pieces

19x23 here. Not much space left after parking a 66-300 in there. Was a lot worse with 2 of them in there.

i have to rearrange stuff to open both doors on my 67 at the same time in my 2 car.even then they just about touch both walls.still managed to build that thing in that small space.wife let me convert one bedroom to a work shop.(top that for understanding!!)cut in a 36 inch steel door to the garage from that room.still pretty tight.

18-20 hear and utilize every square inch, b-bodys do not leave much space in a small shop! But, it works! this seems like years ago and now in its place sits an older one that needs TLC with great help lol im very slowly giving it... Some day maybe it will sit and take up room on muddy, rainy snowy days to...

Picture 174 (Medium).jpg

Fenders, hood and trunk deck no longer on it!

RR HOOD fenders off.jpg

This was built on the space my house used to be..."used to" because, in 2003, we got wiped out by an F-4 tornado! This was built on the slab foundation of our old house (our new house is right next to it!). It has 110/220VAC, with four 220 outlets and eight 110 outlets. I have a full bath inside, a 30A RV electrical plug-in, lots of shelves, a porch/carport in front, three insulated rolling doors (one electric) and a pair of walk-ins, security, motion, and more. I do intend to add more lighting in and out eventually, plus a two-post rack, a 50-gallon compressor with eight air outlets,and other goodies.
bounce.gif

It's 38' x 68', with a 12' x 24' front overhang that I use for a patio, carport, and just hanging out in the sun.

I have crammed a 28' fifth-wheel travel trailer, two tractors, two Metropolitan coupes, my '66 Dodge, two BMW 325i ragtops, and my parts, all inside at one time. With exception of the Dodge, all of that stuff is gone now, but I've replaced that with cooler stuff!!

Attachments

• shop01.jpg
    shop01.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
After seeing the space management of some of the post here I feel guilty about complaining I don't have enough space....thanks for reminding me to be thankful for what I have.

08-16-2014 015.jpg

08-16-2014 016.jpg

I'm in sync with Aldal, I'm constantly impressed by the fine work that I see so many car guys perform in tight quarters. My building is 10,000 square feet with so many cars, parts and equipment that it seems "full" sometimes. When I see what so many do with much less I realize how fortunate I am. You guys really are amazing and inspiring.

Get a bigger garage!!!!!!!! Remember the guy who dies with the "MOST STUFF" wins.

Attachments

• assembly 2.jpg
    assembly 2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 353
Here's a pic of the shop from the outside. Has a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with laundry room upstairs. That was the excuse , I used with my wife when I built it. Told her we needed it for her Mom when she got older. 35X45 with lift bay. And could be a lot bigger. Already thinking of adding on.

Attachments

• Htc touch pro pictures 027.jpg
    Htc touch pro pictures 027.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 116-1638_IMG.jpg
    116-1638_IMG.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 337
Mitch, if the time comes you have to move the wife's Ma in it sounds like she will have a great place, It may have been a excuse but she just may have a great and comfortable time there with you both. Good deal!

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had something worth taking a picture of in my shop

Cant be any worse then mine :) very small but warm and dry, I can live with that.. :) And don't forget your signature!!!

"The only shots you miss are the one's you don't take"

Auto Transport Service
Back