• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinion of the Crossfires.

The more I look at the coupe the more I like it. It doesn't have the short deck, and long hood proportions of a lot of sports/muscle cars but that's okay. You were right about the Bugatti Atlantic. There was a new Atlantic concept that was never made and God Dam* it was beautiful.

Remember the Cheetah? It was all about function and I heard it was a bitch to drive

Some of those remind me of the Chrysler Firepower and Chrysler Atlantic concepts.

ChryslerAtlantic.jpg

Firepower.jpg

Since being a Crossfire owner for twelve years and not having any major problems with the car, I would suggest anyone interested in buying one to go to crossfire form.org and learn the ins and outs of the car. Also you will discover that Chrysler Dealers don’t have the expertise to work on them and most Mercedes Dealers refuse to work on them IMO. But you need to do your own repairs or find an independent Shop that specializes in Mercedes.
The electronics on the Crossfires controls everything and is very difficult to modify. But there are companies that specialize in Crossfire performance upgrades.
My sister in law was considering a Crossfire a few years back. Your analysis of the maintenance situation was what I surmised, and I advised her that the car might not be the best choice for someone living in rural Pennsylvania, though it did have many merits.

Looking back, I think the dealership wanted to sell me a newer vehicle, rather than permit me to keep the first GTX looking clean and original. In the late 70s, it took nearly six months of pestering the service manager to get a set of factory exhaust tips for $12, and a trunk lip molding for a bit more. I tried to get a new quarter panel for Baby Blue in 1983, and struck out.
I'm younger than most here (early 40s) but, I vaguely remember going to the junkyards in KY/TN and seeing some older Mopars. The ones I always were 73-74 Charger SE and Satellites. Sometimes a 71 or 72 Charger as well. I do remember some 2nd Gen Chargers as well but, in that area I think I saw more 70-74 E-Bodies than those when I was kid. And oh yes, can't forget the C-Bodies as well. I do miss those days though.

resurrecting this thread, probably going to buy this 05 srt6 black one 27k miles very clean convertible. Comes with srt luggage, if that matters. Was watching these at Mecum in Indy this year was supris
20230526_085610.jpg
ed at some of the numbers generated by a few of the nicer ones. My wife has wanted one of these ever since we rented one in Maui back in 08. gonna let her have her fun the summer, she puts up with me so I figure she deserves it. pics are not the best taken off laptop screen
20230526_085428.jpg
20230526_085555.jpg

A Gen 3 Hemi fits into them….just keep that in the back of your mind.
I like them, there are things that can be done to them from what I’ve heard on the WWW.

I don't hate them. My nephew bought one a few years ago and still has it. He had to buy a new turn signal switch for his and they are in short supply, cost him more than it should have. So parts availability is something to consider.

A Gen 3 Hemi fits into them….just keep that in the back of your mind.
I like them, there are things that can be done to them from what I’ve heard on the WWW.
Interesting I'll run that by the wife. :lol:

resurrecting this thread, probably going to buy this 05 srt6 black one 27k miles very clean convertible. Comes with srt luggage, if that matters. Was watching these at Mecum in Indy this year was suprisView attachment 1470035ed at some of the numbers generated by a few of the nicer ones. My wife has wanted one of these ever since we rented one in Maui back in 08. gonna let her have her fun the summer, she puts up with me so I figure she deserves it. pics are not the best taken off laptop screenView attachment 1470034View attachment 1470033
The convertibles look way better than the coupes!

I don't hate them. My nephew bought one a few years ago and still has it. He had to buy a new turn signal switch for his and they are in short supply, cost him more than it should have. So parts availability is something to consider.
thanks appreciate that, heard the intercooler pump goes out on them too. I guess I'll be finding out how there are to maintain and service

I'm always trying to think of overlooked cars. 2nd Gen Chargers are great but you're going to pay the big bucks. I'm always trying to think out of the box. That means cars that are cool but might not be very popular.
Second generation Chargers are great,and I think inside the box on them!

20220925_193216.jpg

My friend has an SRT Crossfire and he loves it. He said that it is a lot of car for the money.

Auto Transport Service
Back