• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinion of the Crossfires.

Test drove a turbo model when they first came out. Pretty peppy but if your over 6 ft. like I am driving with the top up isn't very comfortable, head kept banging on the roof. Fun car just not practical for my taste.

I'm at 6ft, the one I drove had the top down with the exception of being on hale a kala (spelling?) mountain where the observatory is at was 41 degrees there. don't remember hitting my head on the top i must just clear. won't be driving it much anyways, for the wife.

resurrecting this thread, probably going to buy this 05 srt6 black one 27k miles very clean convertible. Comes with srt luggage, if that matters. Was watching these at Mecum in Indy this year was suprisView attachment 1470035ed at some of the numbers generated by a few of the nicer ones. My wife has wanted one of these ever since we rented one in Maui back in 08. gonna let her have her fun the summer, she puts up with me so I figure she deserves it. pics are not the best taken off laptop screenView attachment 1470034View attachment 1470033
I bought a roadster 6 speed 3-27-18 not a srt. Blue exterior with two tone leather interior.
Only had two issues so far. Rear windows are noted for falling out, mine did, I was told it will need a whole new top because it can't be fixed. I fixed it 2 years ago and it is still okay. They are also noted for the screem going out, mine did, I got a NEW one from mercedes, been fine ever since.
Wife drives it occasionally. I only drive it in the summer just got it out last week. Really sticks to the road a blast to drive fast.

I bought a roadster 6 speed 3-27-18 not a srt. Blue exterior with two tone leather interior.
Only had two issues so far. Rear windows are noted for falling out, mine did, I was told it will need a whole new top because it can't be fixed. I fixed it 2 years ago and it is still okay. They are also noted for the screem going out, mine did, I got a NEW one from mercedes, been fine ever since.
Wife drives it occasionally. I only drive it in the summer just got it out last week. Really sticks to the road a blast to drive fast.
thanks for the info, appreciate it.

interesting another reason to go to Carlisle, been several years.
mine/ours..LOL Borla exhaust. Needs to have a battery tender on it......fantom drain somewhere.

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

nice colors there was a nearly identical at Indy Mecum my wife wanted but the numbers went pretty high on that plus the interior was stained in the white areas for some reason. Taking that to carlilse this year?

nice colors there was a nearly identical at Indy Mecum my wife wanted but the numbers went pretty high on that plus the interior was stained in the white areas for some reason. Taking that to carlilse this year?
No; I'll be taking my 65 Coronet TAXI.
I have a vender spot right beside Hawk, It will be parked there with a Serro Scotty camper, I'm bringing to sell. The camper not the car. Try to make it this year we have been getting a pretty good gang each year.

IMG_1571.JPG

Last edited:
have to see if my son will go, hotels are probably getting pretty slim by now. Love the coronet very cool

I liked them and considered buying one when they were a couple years old.

...but I don't fit in them.

I'll have my wife take a pic with the top down and up see if I clear.

Not quite that bad, but I do look like that in bmw z3.

The Crossfire vert has an inch more headroom but the bar for the top is right where my head needs to be.

A Gen 3 Hemi fits into them….just keep that in the back of your mind.
I like them, there are things that can be done to them from what I’ve heard on the WWW.
A Gen 3 Hemi probably will fit. There's been a few articles posted on a Crossfire Forum swapping Benz V8s into a Crossfires. I believe the Benz engine was chosen because of the electronics of the Benz V8 was easier to modify to play with the electronics of the Crossfire. What I've read the biggest issue with engine swaps with Mercedes Benz cars is getting the electronics to play with the swapped engine.

Not quite that bad, but I do look like that in bmw z3.

The Crossfire vert has an inch more headroom but the bar for the top is right where my head needs to be.
yep just got back from new york last night with the car I have about a half inch from that bar on the top if I wear a hat it touches it

took it out for a drive pretty fast car, and han
20230604_114942.jpg
20230604_114938.jpg
20230604_114926.jpg
20230604_114919.jpg
20230604_114909.jpg
20230604_102527.jpg
dles well came with all the paperwork etc 27k original miles. wife loves it good car for her

Auto Transport Service
Back