• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinions please

Which steering wheel do you like

• Factory black plastic two spoke wheel with full horn ring

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • Factory wood rim wheel with 3 spokes

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • Aftermarket wood rim wheel with 3 spokes

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • other

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
I usually like the woodgrain wheels on most cars but I think the 3-spoke black looks best on yours. Your interior has a lot of black and chrome so it would look like it belongs there. I doubt you'll get it restored for less than what you can buy a new one for. When you get ready to purchase the new wheel, contact Mike Ross at www.beaparts.com or call him at 330-725-3990 to order. He carries all of the PG Classics parts, has great customer service and he's in the USA. Tell him I said hi.

Dave

Hello again Dave,

Well, I took your advice this afternoon and gave Mike Ross at B/E & A a call and ordered one of his 1967-69 black plastic, three spoke steering wheels. WOW, you weren't kidding me when you told me how awesome his customer service is!!! Not only is he a REALLY nice guy, but he knows and BACKS his parts! Because of the slow shipping due to the holidays, I won't get the new wheel until the first of January, but I can't wait to see it, as Mike told me that the wheel that he and Peter from P.G. Classic sells are superior to ANY other wheel being reproduce and they have NONE of the issues that I found on the Goodmark wheel. He made it VERY clear that if I don't like it for ANY reason, send it back NO questions asked! MAN, I was TOTALLY sure that "customer service" was a thing of the past until I spoke with Mike today! :grin:

I can promise you Dave, this steering wheel will be the first of many parts that I will be purchasing from Mike Ross! For you folks who haven't talked to Mike at B/E & A, what are you waiting for? :grin:

Richard

BE&A 3 spoke plack plastic steering wheel - part #260-69B.jpg

I would never "steer" you wrong :steering:

I've been doing business with Mike for several years and will for many more. Good luck with your project and show us some pics when you get it installed.

:merrychristmas:

Dave

Thank you Dave and I'll post pictures of the interior restoration as it goes along after the holidays aree over.

I hope you, your family and all of the members here on FBBO have an awesome holiday and a very happy new year! :yes: :santa: :HappyNewYear:

Richard

Custom B-body steering wheel

Hi Richard, I know you've already decided which wheel you are going to install but I thought I'd offer some pictures of a wheel I did for my 67 Coronet 500.

I know what you are saying about not having any other wood graining in the interior so the standard wood grain wheel looks out of place ... soooo I painted my wood grain wheel Black, added an Orange/pearl White and Red mottled band around the outside bracketed by two 1/32" Chrome stripes. Everything is buried under several coats of clear acrylic urethane so the surface is completely smooooooth.

The center cap was painted Orange to match the color of the body and I changed up the emblem inside the cap too. I removed the Dodge tri color emblem and installed a Canadian toonie ( our $2 coin, it's 2 toned Silver with a Gold insert in the middle) and then made up a miniature steering wheel from an MPC Coronet kit in the same color scheme as the wheel it's mounted on.

Stock wheel with a custom touch so it doesn't look out of place.:)

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
http://drive.to/stwheels

Finkmobile Black:Orange wheel side.jpg

Finkmobile wheel Black:Orange front.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Richard, I know you've already decided which wheel you are going to install but I thought I'd offer some pictures of a wheel I did for my 67 Coronet 500.

I know what you are saying about not having any other wood graining in the interior so the standard wood grain wheel looks out of place ... soooo I painted my wood grain wheel Black, added an Orange/pearl White and Red mottled band around the outside bracketed by two 1/32" Chrome stripes. Everything is buried under several coats of clear acrylic urethane so the surface is completely smooooooth.

The center cap was painted Orange to match the color of the body and I changed up the emblem inside the cap too. I removed the Dodge tri color emblem and installed a Canadian toonie ( our $2 coin, it's 2 toned Silver with a Gold insert in the middle) and then made up a miniature steering wheel from an MPC Coronet kit in the same color scheme as the wheel it's mounted on.

Stock wheel with a custom touch so it doesn't look out of place.:)

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
http://drive.to/stwheels

Hello Doug,

I am looking for a more factory original look when I redo my interior this time, but THANK YOU for your response and the custom wheel that you did for your 67 Coronet looks AWESOME! :steering::yourock:

I did just buy a VERY nice reproduction 1967-69 style black plastic 3 spoke steering wheel from Mike Ross at B/E&A Restoration Parts in Medina OH and I think that it will look REALLY nice along with the factory original 1967 chrome partial horn ring that I found on ebay.

I have bookmarked your web site though and I will be contacting you about getting some information on what it would take to restore my 66 Coronet's original black plastic two spoke steering wheel in the future.

Thank you again VERY much and you do some VERY nice work!!! :yes:

Richard

My 1966 Coronet 500 - Nov 2008 #1.jpg

BE&A 3 spoke plack plastic steering wheel - part #260-69B.jpg

1967 Coronet partial horn ring #1.jpg

Hi Richard, I realized you decided on a stock wheel but I just wanted to give you and anyone who read this thread another option if they choose to go that way.

Thanks for the nice words about my work! This is actually the 3rd custom wheel I 've done for the rAtFiNkMoBiLe so far.

Here is a customized rim blow wheel I did a few years ago. I filled the groove for the rim blow switch and mounted a standard horn switch in the center capped with a 72-74 E-body center cap with a bit of airbrushing on it. My sons are avid skateboarders so I painted the Santa Cruz "screaming hand" on the cap at their request.

The rim and spokes were painted with Alsa Ghost Chrome which looks like aluminum, then I added a 1/8" Chrome stripe with a Black 1/32" stripe on either side of it. It was a bit too much Silver so I cut some satin Black vinyl to cover the front and rear surfaces of the spokes so only the edges showed Silver. That toned it down nicely.

Oh yeah, I had to paint something on the bottom spoke cover so a "Flying Eyeball" filled the bill.

The wheel was mounted on the column using an A-body adapter can. It had to be hogged out slightly on the inside of the rear so it would slip over the steering column without rubbing.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Silver rimblow chrome stripe screaming hand flying eyeball f.jpg

Silver rimblow chrome stripe side view.JPG

Here is my original wheel (like the one you are installing) but with a full horn ring. LOL I forgot I'd drawn a Screaming Hand on that horn cap too !!!

steering wheel.jpg

One more shot of the car itself and the grille ornament that I airbrushed. R/F likes to eat lots of bugs so what better place to put him than up front ... LOL

Mopar Show 043.jpg

Grille ornament R:F.jpg

Last edited:
That's a COOL looking 67 Coronet you have there Doug, but it looks like your cars steering wheels don't stay in place very long before a new one goes in! :rofl: Once again, your work looks awesome on both the stock and the custom wheels! :yes:

Did you also restore the black plastic 3 spoke wheel with the full horn ring? As I mentioned in my previous post, I'd like to find someone who could restore my 66 Coronet's original black plastic two spoke steering wheel so it will be ready to go in the future if I want to use it. I already have a mint NOS horn ring for the two spoke wheel, so I need someone with the awesome skills like you have to make my wheel look like new and be able to do the work for a price that is reasonable for both parties.

If you're interested, I could take some digital pictures of my wheel so that you can get an idea of what it would take to restore my wheel.

Richard

I was on the B/E&A web site and found out that Mike Ross is reproducing the 2 spoke plastic steering wheels for the 1965 B-Body cars and after looking at it, I began to wonder if it was the same as the 2 spoke steering wheel that originally came in my 1966 Coronet 500, so I wanted to check with you 1965-66 B-Body steering wheel experts to see if in fact they are the same steering wheels for both model years? The first picture below is of the B/E&A 1965 wheel and the others are of my 1966 wheel.

Thanks for your help!

Richard

BE&A part #260-B65 - 1965 Ply & Dodge 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel - front view.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel - back side view #2.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel - front view #3.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel - top side view.jpg

I have a Hemi type hood I bought for my 1966 Hemi car that has the same hood indent pattern as the factory hood. It is fiberglass, was about $100. and has a flange that wraps around under the hood scoop with glassed in brackets for attaching it to the hood.
If you are interested I can look up the receipt to find the manufacturer.

After talking to Mike Ross at B/E&A and having him do some research, he has confirmed my thought that the 1965 and 1966 2 spoke plastic steering wheels are indeed the same wheel, so if any of you 1966 Plymouth or Dodge B or C-Body owners are looking for a black two spoke plastic steering wheel, they are available at B/E&A under part number 260-B65, with a list price of $245.00 plus shipping to your location. I will be buying one of these in the near future, but I will still be using the B/E&A 3 spoke wheel and partial horn ring as found on the 67 model year cars.

Richard

BE&A part #260-B65 - 1965 Ply & Dodge 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel.jpg

I'm a sucker for the original. Just like to keep the look of when they were produced as each one is unique in its own way. My 2 cents

Naturally, each of us has different tastes--I however, wanted to keep my interior looking as factory original as possible while allowing me to monitor my engine. I mounted my Oil Pressure, Volts, and Temp gauges on individual gauge brackets inside the glove box, each angled toward the driver. My console had accommodations for a factory tach--but a (period-correct) Sun Super Tach fits perfectly. The intent was to preserve "factory" appearance. Again, we all have our own individual desires for these vehicles.

Last edited:
Hey Richard, I vote for the Factory Sport Wood grain wheel...I've always likes how it looks in my '66.

my steering wheel has a couple cracks in my orginal steering wheel anyone ever try to fix them or know someone who can repair it.

Auto Transport Service
Back