• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your view on police chases.

In st Louis they send juveniles out to steal cars and use them to commit more crime. They know that we won't charge a juvenile in adult court and they walk away with little if any repercussions. They're not smart enough to get a job, but they are smart enough to play the police as fools. In my town on the other side of the Missouri river we refused to allow the metro expansion to avoid them busing in the st Louis inter city misfits. They tried to block the bridge during the BLM bullshit. We had people standing by watching for them, they decided it was best to get the hell out of here for fear of being out numbered. That's how we roll. I say chase them down and use them as an example.

Last edited:
Cause and effect, soft on crime agendas emboldens the lawless.
Less consequences perceived by criminals is what got us here.
I feel police are very skilled and tactical in their vehicles.
Run them down and bust them, because the one that is not pursued and let go could hurt your loved ones tomorrow

My cousin's husband is a New York state trooper. He told me that if the chase speed goes over 100 mph then he just stays at 100. The criminals usually can't handle a vehicle over that speed and they find them wrecked a few miles up the road.

I'm against most police car chases. I think there's a lot of the cop's ego involved. If it's a murder or a kidnapping I can understand some of the risks vs. reward but when it's a kid on a dirt bike riding on the street? The cops go all out for the most minor offenses like chasing a shoplifter with 4 kids in the car and eventually somebody wrecks. It could be your family that got t-boned at a intersection and it killed everyone in the car. It's akin to a cop shooting at a suspect in a crowd. The chase turns a very minor crime into a life-threatening situation for anyone in the area. So what if a guy was speeding? Is it worth his life and everybody else's in that 150 mph chase?

I think cops should have to use a lot more discretion on when to initiate a car chase. Just type in police chases and see how many end in fatal crashes. I watched a video where a police driver's training instructor was narrating and essentially saying the same thing as me. The cop's ego got involved and he was going to catch this kid on a motorcycle no matter what. The cop ended up rolling his car with a K9 unit inside. A$$hole.
Nope it isn't a wise attitude to undertake!!! The rules of the road and the law must always be obeyed and when the Blues come on, either pull over where convenient and/or stop. Yet most of the accidents that occur resulting in sever injury and even death are the result of innocents not maintaining awareness and situation understanding of the surrounding area as they are driving. Just get in and go oblivious about what taking responsibility while driving. I happen to live in a community where I have 2 Cops...1 a Reno PD, and the other a NV State Trooper. Both have an extensive amount of experience in traffic and their stories about these nut jobs failing to stop and try and flee, are the stuff of comedic attempts by these clowns. The glorification of the Police Chase by the media and TV in general is what needs to be examined and not the Policing by the forces sworn to uphold the Law!!! You might want to take that into consideration when making such an asinine and ludicrous statement as you have here...cr8crshr/Bill:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I guess when the perp assaults you in Chicago and they run, police are barred from foot pursuits these days.:BangHead:
Frank might be singing "My Kind of Town " a little differently in 2023.
The criminal element around here has learned they just need to run, either on foot or by vehicle, and the police can't chase them.
The fact that they aren't being chased by the police doesn't stop criminals from driving like maniacs and endangering and killing innocent people though. In fact, it seems to be creating a situation where a lot of people realize they can do whatever they want on the road without fear of getting in trouble, which encourages reckless behavior.
The gangs are sending kids out to do carjackings and a lot of car theft, as they know the kids face little from the law even when they do get caught.
Crime is getting a lot worse and has spread from bad areas in the city, to all of the city of Chicago, and now getting out into the suburbs.
Police chases can be dangerous and lead to accidents where innocents get injured and killed. The reckless behavior out there by those who know they won't get chased leads to innocents getting injured and killed. There is no free lunch. It's a growing problem and somehow it needs to be brought under control.
I see some in some areas police cars have been equipped with some sort of grappling hook that can be shot out to snag fleeing cars. I've seen videos from other police forces where they have some sort of device that fires out a tracker that hits and sticks to a fleeing car to help track it.
In recent years there have been several incidents within about a mile of my house where cars traveling 100+ mph on village roads have got in accidents, one happened on a Sunday morning at 7:45, 3 people in a car pulling out of a Walmart shopping center when someone going 100 mph blew the red and T boned them were killed. In another case, a guy doing around 100 in a 40 mph zone ran into a family turning into a YMCA killing a father, mother and daughter and leaving their other 2 kids orphans. Neither of these cretins were being persued.
It's really gotten out of hand!
At least this story from the area yesterday had a fairly happy conclusion, one of the fiends in a speeding car got impaled, but none of the innocents the driver ran into running a red light got badly hurt.
Retail theft suspect impaled by fence post after car runs red light, causes three-vehicle crash in Mettawa

I'm not for being soft on criminals like our big city court systems are. In watching these chases on YouTube the cops are putting hundreds of people in danger to catch one crook. Did you watch the video of the Highway Patrol officer hitting the lights on a middle age woman on the freeway? She turned on her right blinker slows down and tried to find a safe place to pull over. The LEO overreacts and does the pit maneuver flipping her SUV. The dumb Fking cop needs to go to jail. Of course, he won't because the police. police themselves.

I hope she sues the **** out of him and the department.

See story.

Cop Flipped Pregnant Woman's SUV While She Was Searching for a Safe Place To Pull Over​

That example is a completely different issue, than "don't allow police to chase criminals".

If you can't see the difference there, then...

Speaking of lassos, when cops have a suspect cuffed and standing or down on the ground, how about a heavy duty zip tie around the ankles. No more running away.

Why endanger innocent lives for traffic stops? Maybe if they are certain they are after a specific criminal for some major crimes ok go get them. I think most ciuld be followed at a safe distance and using radios and multiple cars to simplify follow until they run out of fuel or bailout.
Your scenario is not reasonable. So, every traffic violation is going to entail several vehicles while the traffic cop follows the violator like a tail ? THERE'S A REASON THE PERPS RUN ! Most, if not all, have warrants out, out on bail, on parole, etc. etc. Law abiding citizens stop & pull over without incident.

I'm not for being soft on criminals like our big city court systems are. In watching these chases on YouTube the cops are putting hundreds of people in danger to catch one crook. Did you watch the video of the Highway Patrol officer hitting the lights on a middle age woman on the freeway? She turned on her right blinker slows down and tried to find a safe place to pull over. The LEO overreacts and does the pit maneuver flipping her SUV. The dumb Fking cop needs to go to jail. Of course, he won't because the police. police themselves.

I hope she sues the **** out of him and the department.

See story.

Cop Flipped Pregnant Woman's SUV While She Was Searching for a Safe Place To Pull Over​

[/URL]
If you go to an anti-police site, you'll surely find reports of obvious mis-handling of incidents by a LEO. Those are the exceptions... not the rule.

Here in the middle of the corn patch if the deputies can get to your bumper your going into the weeds.
We fix a few front clips and mount a few new push bars each year.

I had the privilege of growing up with my father being a Vermont State Trooper. Much of his career he spent on an "outpost" which consisted of him being the only Trooper in his quadrant of responsibility. He spoke often of split decisions that must be made, making the correct decision even if those around you didn't like it. Certainly, this included prudent car chases, but also many things in the life of a cop he had to constantly be prepared for. The unexpected, the irrational/insane actions of some, the brutal actions of a few. The honest person who simply ran a redlight or an old person who fell down on the sidewalk and needed help. He told us his primary job was to help citizens. My Father loved being a public servant, he lived for it. He taught us all at an early age, right from wrong, to listen to the police and follow their instructions to the letter. I never have feared law enforcement, I respected them, as that is how I was raised. Many points on this thread are valid, sometimes risk of chase isn't worth the infraction, other times it is. Police Departments have many tools of the trade at their disposal and use them generally appropriately. Sadly tho, what they do not enjoy these days, is the expectation that when they light someone over, that they will actually stop. Or that when they give clear and concise direction, that the direction is followed. Can you only imagine how it would feel to be appropriately pursuing a person and they lose their life? Or someone else is injured or killed in the process? My Father told us he thought about this possibility constantly You see, my father loved helping people, not showing off or playing hero. Good cops want to de-escalate problems with the least amount of force necessary and always with community safety being paramount. We as honest citizens need to trust our men and women in blue to make these hard decisions and support them when they do. And let's all do a better job of teaching our young ones that the Police are not bad people, but honorable, good people that you run to when you're in need of help! Because I promise you, come the wet-*** hour when you're screaming for help and maybe fighting for your life, it won't be a politician coming through the darkness alone to save your ***. It'll be someone just like my Dad, coming as fast as he can.

Sorry so long winded, just one for my pops:)

Every crime and circumstance is different in some way. Let the Cops do their job.

A Washington state sheriff sounded the alarm on a Democrat-backed law that bars police officers from certain vehicular chases after two children were tragically killed by a suspect driving more than 100 mph.

Snohomish County Sheriff Adam Fortney joined "Fox & Friends First" to discuss why he believes the law is flawed and how the measure's opposition has garnered bipartisan support for change as crime continues to surge.

"I've been doing this, I'm going on 27 years… have never seen anything like it in my day and age," he told Ashley Strohmier on Tuesday. "I like to think in western Washington state we did a pretty good job prior to this legislation of managing our police pursuits, but when the politicians in Olympia got involved and changed the way we do business, it's just not working out."

I don’t think there’s a one size fits all answer. A blanket no chase policy emboldens criminals but I question pursuing someone for a seemingly minor infraction. Officers should have some discretion and call off the chase when the situation becomes too risky.

Auto Transport Service
Back